1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Insurance?

gazzer_s3 Mar 27, 2013

1. gazzer_s3

gazzer_s3 Member

Doing some S3 insurance quotes & the car coming up is A3 S Line Black Edition 2.0 Tfsi? I have put reg in & done it manually & the price still comes out at only £196! Seems bit low as rang my current insurer & they have quoted £370? Anyone else had this when doing quotes for there S3? Thanks

2. Beckford

Beckford Member

It did that with mine, had to manually enter the details, came out at £540. Can't remember what it was before but if it all matches, go for it that's a steel for insurance.

3. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Member

Well depending upon matey's location, age, NCB etc, but yes it does sound good for the insurance :)

4. jimojameso

jimojameso Active Member Team Nardo Section Mod Audi RS3 TTRS

Hey Will. Wondered how long it would be before you turned up on here. :)

5. Ben S3 8P3

Ben S3 8P3 Member

Is there an S3 option when you put it in manually?

6. Beckford

Beckford Member

There was with essure.

7. coreythorny

coreythorny Active Member

Try being 20 insuring a S3 :banghead:

8. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

Mine was £295.
    Then I declared the Map and Milltek and it went to £599!
    How can the premium be increased by 100% for some basic mods? Nonsense.

Anyhoo, Sky Insurance came in at £500 and were pretty flexible and helpful.
    Worth a call when you come to renewal, they are site sponsors too so you will get discount.

9. thebluefox

thebluefox Active Member Team Sepang Audi S3

Mine was the same - rang companies in the end to make sure they'd got it down right. Mine is about £700 (25, 2years NCB, at fault accident)

10. Wicked666

Wicked666 Active Member

My reg came up as an A3 and had to manually change it over the phone and price did go up. However of I didn't change it, likely wouldn't be covered if there was an issue as s3's are more desirable to thieves.

Must be audi registering the cars incorrectly on their databases? I don't know how it all works.

Imagine mods make a difference if others with similar mods have higher claims. Mostly they are insuring you against claims from other drivers who you may hit I imagine. Hence why sometimes the price doesn't change much with different cars.

My premium came down when bought the s3 compared with a 12 year old A3. Possibly because of the type of people who buy old a3's nowadays?

11. Tay

Tay Active Member VCDS Map User

Mine was £1300 last year when I was 20, just done my renewal and £837 with Stage 1 declared, it may help when they ask where it's kept in the day and my response is on site at a top secret defence company site :)

12. Josh williams

Josh williams Active Member

Tay who was you with at 20? Im paying through the nose until i turn 21 in june!

Mine also came out as a a3 when i insured mine.

Wonder how many s3's are insured as a3's out there though!

13. coreythorny

coreythorny Active Member

same. I daren't state the figure but its drops more than my last two years insurance together in 3 months.

14. Tay

Tay Active Member VCDS Map User

I'm on Admiral Multicar, I think mine came up as "A3 S3 2.0 FsiT" but they assured me it is correct as it includes S3 in the title.

15. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

I want to know how much i would get insured on an s3 as im 21 3 years driving experience, got quotes of 3500 upwards

16. gazzer_s3

gazzer_s3 Member

Ive entered details manually on confused.com so that the description includes S3 Black Edition 2.0 TFSI & still coming up at £200 fully comp! Just to add im 47 with full ncb, so maybe it is correct after all?

17. Wicked666

Wicked666 Active Member

I imagine most 21 year olds with s3 cause a lot of damage if they claim. Hence will be expensive. Why not get the closest a3 and see if that's any cheaper?

18. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

If i was to change it would have to be an s3 not the 2.0t no offence to 2.0t owners

19. Josh williams

Josh williams Active Member

Thats funnny tay as admiral do not insure anyone on a s3 that are under 21 now!

I had a 4.4 v8 range rover vogue and a mk1 focus rs before that. Never had a problem insuring those however bought my s3 and no one would touch me until i am 21 where it drops like a stone!