S3 Insurance?

gazzer_s3

Reaction score
Doing some S3 insurance quotes & the car coming up is A3 S Line Black Edition 2.0 Tfsi? I have put reg in & done it manually & the price still comes out at only £196! Seems bit low as rang my current insurer & they have quoted £370? Anyone else had this when doing quotes for there S3? Thanks

It did that with mine, had to manually enter the details, came out at £540. Can't remember what it was before but if it all matches, go for it that's a steel for insurance.

It did that with mine, had to manually enter the details, came out at £540. Can't remember what it was before but if it all matches, go for it that's a steel for insurance.

Well depending upon matey's location, age, NCB etc, but yes it does sound good for the insurance :)

Hey Will. Wondered how long it would be before you turned up on here. :)

Mine was £295.
Then I declared the Map and Milltek and it went to £599!
How can the premium be increased by 100% for some basic mods? Nonsense.

Anyhoo, Sky Insurance came in at £500 and were pretty flexible and helpful.
Worth a call when you come to renewal, they are site sponsors too so you will get discount.

Mine was the same - rang companies in the end to make sure they'd got it down right. Mine is about £700 (25, 2years NCB, at fault accident)

My reg came up as an A3 and had to manually change it over the phone and price did go up. However of I didn't change it, likely wouldn't be covered if there was an issue as s3's are more desirable to thieves.

Must be audi registering the cars incorrectly on their databases? I don't know how it all works.

Imagine mods make a difference if others with similar mods have higher claims. Mostly they are insuring you against claims from other drivers who you may hit I imagine. Hence why sometimes the price doesn't change much with different cars.

My premium came down when bought the s3 compared with a 12 year old A3. Possibly because of the type of people who buy old a3's nowadays?

Try being 20 insuring a S3 :banghead:

Mine was £1300 last year when I was 20, just done my renewal and £837 with Stage 1 declared, it may help when they ask where it's kept in the day and my response is on site at a top secret defence company site :)

Tay who was you with at 20? Im paying through the nose until i turn 21 in june!

Mine also came out as a a3 when i insured mine.

Wonder how many s3's are insured as a3's out there though!

same. I daren't state the figure but its drops more than my last two years insurance together in 3 months.

I'm on Admiral Multicar, I think mine came up as "A3 S3 2.0 FsiT" but they assured me it is correct as it includes S3 in the title.

I want to know how much i would get insured on an s3 as im 21 3 years driving experience, got quotes of 3500 upwards

Ive entered details manually on confused.com so that the description includes S3 Black Edition 2.0 TFSI & still coming up at £200 fully comp! Just to add im 47 with full ncb, so maybe it is correct after all?

I want to know how much i would get insured on an s3 as im 21 3 years driving experience, got quotes of 3500 upwards

I imagine most 21 year olds with s3 cause a lot of damage if they claim. Hence will be expensive. Why not get the closest a3 and see if that's any cheaper?

If i was to change it would have to be an s3 not the 2.0t no offence to 2.0t owners

Thats funnny tay as admiral do not insure anyone on a s3 that are under 21 now!

I had a 4.4 v8 range rover vogue and a mk1 focus rs before that. Never had a problem insuring those however bought my s3 and no one would touch me until i am 21 where it drops like a stone!