S3 Insurance quotes

Jodi

Starsky
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some good insurance companies/brokers to me? Best quote I have so far is Adrian Flux at £1051 for an X plate S3 with exhaust and chip mod plus 3 points on licence. That's fully comp, protected no claims and my girlfriend insured too.

Others tried are:

Tesco - Good (£798) until mods mentioned, then went up to £1121
Bell Direct - £1700!!!
BRIT - £1332
Ashley Insurance - Said No
Fast Track - Said no

Any contacts gratefully received.

Thanks

Jodi

Wow that is good. I'm going to be 29 when I renew in December. How many miles are you covered for? I'm down for the average 12k a year.

12K.

Though I should point out my car isnt a S3 but a mere 1.6i but they are aware of the mods I'm doing and have done and didnt want a increased Premium - Which in effect it should have gone down next year but will be static or rise with normal inflation.

I say they didnt want an increased premium but I will have to wait and see once done as you know these companies!

Mods:

18" RS4
Cat + Miltek Exhaust
Sony Xplod sound system

Mods that will be done by summer '05:
Eibach Suspension dampers
Eibach Springs
Brembo Big brakes all round
1.8T 20V Engine conversion with uprated K04 turbo or IHI (un-decided)
Re-map

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
My best was with Privalige. (SP?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, 29 with 3 points (SP50) and I have 7 years NCB = £521 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Privilige, have now given the best quote - £836 with £500 excess, mods 15% increase in power and the 3 points. I've even got my bird covered. She doesn't realise how lucky she is.

Ash - how did you get your quote to £521? I'm 29 too, park off the road, but not in a garage and have 8 years NCB! I asked if my location had anything to do with it and my part of sunny Watford falls in a rating of 54 out of 100 (100 being the worst). Do you live in a 1 area or do you only do 10 miles a year!

Thanks for the pointers guys. Still trying to beat this though. Will keep you informed.

Jodi

Jodi,

I'm insured with Privilige and I am 28, have 3 points (SP50) and my mods declared. I have 6 years NCB and my first quote with privilige was £800. I then added the misses (25, 5 years no claims) and it dropped to £700!

Strange thing insurance!

Rich.

I find elephant do good insurance quotes.

I'm twenty nine with six points for two sp30's with 6 years protected NCB and one accident last year and i pay £1100.

I also have my Mrs's on the insurance and she only passed this year Feb and my yonger brother who is twenty four and passed last year Jan and has 3 points for SP30 too..

[ QUOTE ]
Starsky said:
I've even got my bird covered. She doesn't realise how lucky she is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that, said it too her face and got a slap.....but hey she is priveledged.

Talking of that, insured with Privilge £531 pa no mods, went with them as they guarantee a hire car, if you don't need that it'll save £20iosh off the price.