1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Insurance quotes

Jodi Nov 15, 2004

1. Jodi

Jodi Starsky

Can anyone recommend some good insurance companies/brokers to me? Best quote I have so far is Adrian Flux at £1051 for an X plate S3 with exhaust and chip mod plus 3 points on licence. That's fully comp, protected no claims and my girlfriend insured too.

Others tried are:

Tesco - Good (£798) until mods mentioned, then went up to £1121
    Bell Direct - £1700!!!
    BRIT - £1332
    Ashley Insurance - Said No
    Fast Track - Said no

Any contacts gratefully received.

Thanks

Jodi

2. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

More Than > good deal they gave me £500.00 with all mods declared and no claims to give! Im 24.

3. Jodi

Jodi Starsky

Wow that is good. I'm going to be 29 when I renew in December. How many miles are you covered for? I'm down for the average 12k a year.

4. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

12K.

Though I should point out my car isnt a S3 but a mere 1.6i but they are aware of the mods I'm doing and have done and didnt want a increased Premium - Which in effect it should have gone down next year but will be static or rise with normal inflation.

I say they didnt want an increased premium but I will have to wait and see once done as you know these companies!

Mods:

18" RS4
    Cat + Miltek Exhaust
    Sony Xplod sound system

Mods that will be done by summer '05:
    Eibach Suspension dampers
    Eibach Springs
    Brembo Big brakes all round
    1.8T 20V Engine conversion with uprated K04 turbo or IHI (un-decided)
    Re-map

5. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

My best was with Privalige. (SP?)

6. imported_ashs3

imported_ashs3 Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    DickyS3 said:
    My best was with Privalige. (SP?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, 29 with 3 points (SP50) and I have 7 years NCB = £521 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7. sssgucci

sssgucci Member

8. Jodi

Jodi Starsky

Privilige, have now given the best quote - £836 with £500 excess, mods 15% increase in power and the 3 points. I've even got my bird covered. She doesn't realise how lucky she is.

Ash - how did you get your quote to £521? I'm 29 too, park off the road, but not in a garage and have 8 years NCB! I asked if my location had anything to do with it and my part of sunny Watford falls in a rating of 54 out of 100 (100 being the worst). Do you live in a 1 area or do you only do 10 miles a year!

Thanks for the pointers guys. Still trying to beat this though. Will keep you informed.

Jodi

9. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Jodi,

I'm insured with Privilige and I am 28, have 3 points (SP50) and my mods declared. I have 6 years NCB and my first quote with privilige was £800. I then added the misses (25, 5 years no claims) and it dropped to £700!

Strange thing insurance!

Rich.

10. I find elephant do good insurance quotes.

I'm twenty nine with six points for two sp30's with 6 years protected NCB and one accident last year and i pay £1100.

I also have my Mrs's on the insurance and she only passed this year Feb and my yonger brother who is twenty four and passed last year Jan and has 3 points for SP30 too..

11. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member VCDS Map User

[ QUOTE ]
    Starsky said:
    I've even got my bird covered. She doesn't realise how lucky she is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that, said it too her face and got a slap.....but hey she is priveledged.

Talking of that, insured with Privilge £531 pa no mods, went with them as they guarantee a hire car, if you don't need that it'll save £20iosh off the price.