1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Induction kit

Bhav Dec 5, 2008

1. Bhav

Bhav New Member

Hi,

Can anyone reccomend an induction kit for an 2003 Audi S3 as am dont really like the K&N or green cone systems?

Thanks

B:thumbsup:

2. MintyS3

MintyS3 Works 60% the time, Everytime.

BMC?

3. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

4. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

Hey B, welcome to the site...

You might get a better answer on the A/S3 forum, but just for info, not many people change the air filters on the S3, as the ones that are already fitted on the car, the standard one is more than capable of handling the power it puts out and a lot more. Also, heard the oil from the filters can cause major issues with the maf, so might not be worth changing it. Any reason why you want to change it???

Cheers
    Nilz

5. Jacko4130

Jacko4130 Goodie Gum Drops

Save your cash, Don't bother

6. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

just fit a new oem one every 10k

7. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Audi S3 DSG

I asked the same sort of question here...I know it's for the later model but there may be something of use in the replies there.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=63840

The general consensus seesm to be that the Forge Induction kits and similar are best for moving large amounts of cool air,but also the most expensive and potentially difficult to fit as well as the noise aspect.

I wanted to keep mine reasonably quiet as I've had a couple of cars with large cone filter systems before and the noise can be quite intrusive.

If you've substantially increased the power,a good system would be worth considering,but otherwise probaly not.

8. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

yep I agree,I have one but it was free:eyebrows: