1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 induction kit and dump valve or diverter valve

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by brough74, Nov 22, 2010.

1. brough74

brough74 Member

I fancy buying a BSH induction kit and maybe dump valve which can be added and will save me a few pennies. Does anyone know if this is a recirculating one or atmosheric ? As i dont want a whooss everytime i change gear.

VW Golf Mk5 GTI BSH Tru-Seal Induction Kit and Dump Valve - £360.00 : dUBtEK, VW Performance Parts

I know it says MK5 GTI but ive seen it on S3s

Unless i just buy a forge one and be done with it lol or have any of you any other ideas ?

As people reckon you need a better diverter valve as its a known weak spot and the dump valve is ok if it has a D after the numbers

#1 brough74, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  2. brough74

brough74 Member

Nobody got any suggestions ?

3. AuldReekie

AuldReekie Member

Just had a quick look (whilst skiving at work) and that appears to be a KO3 kit as you say, hence the DV is included as part of the relocation kit. (KO3 has the DV tucked down the back of the engine at the ex. mainifold side, KO4 is at the front RHS of engine block near the intake for Ref.).

The TFSi engine employs a Recirculating Diverter Valve, so they are incorrectly calling it a 'dump valve' as there is no atmospheric dumping/blow off, but then BSH is American so it probably just semantics; any excess is recirculated in the system as otherwise it puts out the MAF calculations. You wont get the 'woosh' or 'psst' from the DV, however with most CAIs amplify the 'chirrup' sound of the DV, but that in itself isn't too noisy; this may well be lessened in the closed CAIs like Twintake, Dblias, etc.

Changing the DV largely depends on the MY of your car. MY07 definately had the old diaphram one, but some MY08 had the revision, others didn't. But it is a two minute job to remove it and check and the Rev D OE (piston operated) is more than enough for Stage 2+.

Like everything mod wise, everyone has their own opinions on the 'best', but if you stick to Forge, ITG, Evoms, etc you won't go wrong.

4. IanS3

IanS3 Interweb creep

I have the tru seal on my S3, its ok, but I would get the ITG (I got mine second hand).

As AuldReekie saus you do not need the DV with it. The KO3's run the DV by the turbo but this system relocates it to the intake manifold like the KO4's run.

Why not just get the OEM 'D' valve, that way you do not need to maintain it like the forge one.

5. brough74

brough74 Member

Original it is then, cheers guys. Ive just ordered a BSH kit for the KO4 from regal. So after that it will be revo time soon

6. tku

tku Member

You so should of got a ITG or twintake.

7. brough74

brough74 Member

I did not like the look of them really, each to their own really. I wanted something that could look OEM and that was thw best one i narrowed it down too.