S3 in hot hatch test 2007

JimmyJames

Jas.
Reaction score
Hi Lads,

I apologise if this has already been seen but just thought I'd bring to forum. Check out link for S3 against the rest. Was July 07.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-U1VWkexdE

Seems our boy came 2nd behind a Renault. Not familiar with this car, don't think I've even seen one.

Its a short video (6 mins) and I would love to have seen more of the test but what surprised me (relating to the R32 or S3 thread) is that the R32 didn't make the cut. It was the only other car i test drove against the S3, I wouldn't consider any of the rest as good as an S3 not just in dynamics but also the quality.

Not a big fan of the VXR's or ST's but again one didn't make the cut and the other fell by the way side. I thought these cars were well thought off.

The Golf GTI did well and the new Type R did ok but i don't think its a patch on the old Type R.

Anyway just thought it was interesting.

Jas

Got the magazine with this in mate, I'm sure there was a thread on it too earlier on in the year....

Anyway in the magazine text the S3 only seemed to loose out on 1st place because of the price as they divided or did something to the scores according to the purchase price so the S3 did well coming second being the most expensive there!