s3 hesitating and jerking when turbo comes in?

joshwalters123

Reaction score
hi my audi s3 in holding back then jerks then clears and drives fine after 3500 rpm. happens when u put ur foot down hard not so much when you build up speed gradually.. but after it clears drives 100% perfect its just when turbo comes in initially.

any ideas? nothings come up on the computer. already changed spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter. ive tried disconnecting the maf, no change what so ever. havent changed coil packs yet, could it be the turbo on its way out? any info be much appreciated.

Could be a boost leak... what year/engine code is the car?

Have you scanned for faults?

<tuffty/>

checked all hoses dont seem to be any boost leaks but im going to go through everything again just hope someone have had similar problems, so i dont go spending a fortune on parts that i dont need. yes scanned with no faults except for longitude and latuide sensor but that has come up before and has been fine.

Which computer did you use to scan, if not VCDS, see if you can get someone to scan it for you on that.

Sounds to me like it could be coilpacks.

You havent answered, what year and car it is that you have as this can help alot.

If it is the coilpacks, there is a recall on at Audi, so you maybe able to get them replaced FOC.

Sorry 2001 amk.. Not sure what software used my mate scanned for faults will check with him tomorow

Had exact same symptoms mate I changed all coil packs spark plugs done away with the PVC piping and fitted a oil catch can and it ended up being the MAF
check for fault codes, I had a fault code saying Bank 1 was running to lean

found out what my problem was! 4 wheel drive system!! took the fuse out too run front wheel drive an runs perfect. so guna do a service on the heldex and rear diff,change the oils and do the heldex filter and see where i go from there.... at least i know now what it is. thanks for the info and help tho

checked all hoses dont seem to be any boost leaks but im going to go through everything again just hope someone have had similar problems, so i dont go spending a fortune on parts that i dont need. yes scanned with no faults except for longitude and latuide sensor but that has come up before and has been fine.

found out what my problem was! 4 wheel drive system!! took the fuse out too run front wheel drive an runs perfect. so guna do a service on the heldex and rear diff,change the oils and do the heldex filter and see where i go from there.... at least i know now what it is. thanks for the info and help tho

You sure these aren't related?

Maybe the dodgy sensors are affecting the ESP system and when you boot it the ESP is trying to intervene and cut power because it thinks the car isn't where it should be?

I'd be fixing the sensors first and getting it fault code clear.

You sure these aren't related?

Maybe the dodgy sensors are affecting the ESP system and when you boot it the ESP is trying to intervene and cut power because it thinks the car isn't where it should be?

I'd be fixing the sensors first and getting it fault code clear.

^^^ + 1 on this tbh...

<tuffty/>

Yes going to sort the longitude and latitude sensors anyway but they been like that for a while way before this new problem, had the fuse for the haldex out for a few days and its perfect. On the weekend ill see how much I can get around doing. I personally think its the haldex/ rear diff that's the problem hopefully a good service will sort it out ... Ill keep you all posted and let you know what is, if I get time tomoro in work ill put it on the ramp and make a start.

you could just turn esp off and then see if your problem is still present