S3 Help Needed!

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hi All!

As you can all see, Im quite new here and an Audi virgin. I have today just bought a 2007 S3.

The question is how easy is it to fit the Audi Sat Nav system and Audi Multimedia Interface?
I have seen units for sale on ebay. My S3 does not have an Aux-in slot (that I can see?!!) so I want to be able to control my ipod through the system and make it compatiable with the Bose speakers I have.

Can you also make these Sat Nav Units play DVDs and receive TV?

I also have the telephone prep in the armrest. Does anybody know if this works with Iphones?

Is it also possible to fit a 2011 model S3 headlights with LED lights to a 2007 model and how easy is this to do?

Thanks in Advance!

As you will have a double din slot already the sat nav (RNS-E) will be a straight fit. You will need the GPS receiver too but you will most likely get this when buying RNS-E. It could need coded to work 100% as it should though it should work depending on what car it came out of. The unit its self doesnt play DVDs even though the system uses a DVD for the sat nav. You would need something like this:

MULTIMEDIA INTERFACE AUDI RNS-E A3 A4 A6 adapter 0003 | eBay UK

to give you the input for a DVD player/TV tuner etc. You can add a AUX in connection but you dont get control of an IPOD via the unit unless you buy the Mk2 RNS-E that came out in 2009/10. These go for almost double the price of a MK1 as they have higher resolution & a few other whistles & bells.

Audi Retrofit

I've had no experience with phone connections...

2010 lights will not fit a 2007 without changing the whole front end, there will be threads on this if you do a search.

Reactions: wesley
Also does anybody know about what how you can get the S3 logo coming up on the Sat Navs? Is it only certain ones?
Thanks

Thats a pity about the lights as they look the same size as the 2007 ones and the bumper looks pretty similiar apart from the slats by the fog lights.
Is the aftermarket ones that would slot straight in that look OEM?

Last edited:
You will need another £150-200 to retrofit the upgraded FM antenna too. DEpending on whether you get the get new and/or fit it yourself.
Good luck

Paul

I would be doing it myself with the help of my mate who is a lot more hands on than me.
Paul, who come I would need to upgrade the FM radio antenna?
Thanks

The FM reception on some version of the A3/S3 drops when you fit the RNS-E. The actual way its wire into the ariel & related modules is different for the RNS-E. I dont use the radio that much but I've not noticed much difference. Might depend on where in Scotland you stay for reception LOL

nhn4.jpg

Well at the moment I live in Wales at the moment but moving to Morayshire in August. I use the radio alot so it might be worth doing.

I pretty much lost radio functionality altogether.

The kit consists of a module/harness and a ouple of connectors and cost around £150. Easy fit if you know how, its a swap out of parts in the tailgate.

jb0o did mine, top lad, knows his onions. Drop him a PM and he will sort you out I sure.

Iirc Marc on VAGOC had a kit for sale at only £80, register over there and see if he still has it.

Failing that, you always have ASN (Audi Super Nige)