1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Heat

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Banwell, Jul 5, 2003.

1. Banwell

Banwell previously LeeS3

Is it just me or the current 'hot/warm' weather, but my car seems to emit waves of heat??

I've notice when getting out after parking up, a sudden heat wave hits.

Spirited drives result in a ticking notice on leaving the car, after park up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

Is this normal?
  2. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

The ticking noise is engine parts contracting when cooling down and is perfectly normal.

As for the heat waves these are perfectly normal, it just feels slightly strange when you get out of the car, but it's just more apparent in this weather as the heat travels further and easier. Actually strange you mention it because me and Jaybee were talking about it when we met up earlier today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  3. Banwell

Banwell previously LeeS3

Always on the look out for potential warranty work!
  4. AL_B

AL_B Active Member

When I moved from A3 1.8T to S3, the heat was the first thing I noticed. The under bonnet temps just seemed much higher.

Also, when the radiator fan come's on, when you get out of the car you can feel the warm air being blown out of the engine.

AL