S3 headunit lights stuck on!

I

imported_MattT

Hi there, has anyone has this problem?

Basically the display on my standard headunit is permanantly lit up, (all red) as are the other lights on the headunit.

I can't turn it on or off and the lights stay on even when I take the keys out of the ignition.

Anyone had this before or got any ideas on how to fix it? Will disconnecting the battery for a while possibly help?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Dont know if this is any help as i have not got a standard head unit fitted. But, have you opened the door, closed it and then locked the car as the dash display (clock etc) stays lit for about 30 secs after the car has been locked, dont know whether this has anything to do with the stereo lights as like i said i have not got a standard stereo fitted. Just a thought. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Aaron

hehe, thanks for that but its on permanantly, not just when im entering/leaving the car. Plus it is locked up, none of the buttons work, even the on/off one.

Its probably the fuse - do a search to get more info as its been discussed before

Dunc

mine had this, i unplugged the fuse and it was fine again

DuncS3, I have searched on "headunit", "fuse" and "stereo" I think and I haven't found anything.

ianhg, I have already tried unplugging the fuse. From what I gather its fuse 42 in the manual? If not does anyone know what number the stereo fuse is?

Thanks again