1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s3 headlight bulb upgrade

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by nick-barnes07, Jul 2, 2007.

1. nick-barnes07

nick-barnes07 Member

Just wondering if u can do this , i wanna get some different bulbs in my s3 , as the standard xenon ones are shite , i want to get 8000k or something like that , i used to have 8000k in my old leon cupra r , i know 6000k is the legal limit , i dont want to get read of the xenon kit that comes standard with the s3 , can you get these bulbs , and where from if so , thanks ,
  2. nick-barnes07

nick-barnes07 Member

3. joshxs

joshxs Member

Upgrade colour temps are available from hids4u, I bought some standard replacements for mine with no problems a few months ago. I replaced mine as they were too blue, worth remembering that as the k value increases, the light output decreases. The OEM 4300k bulbs have the highest light output.

hth
  4. joshxs

joshxs Member

5. nick-barnes07

nick-barnes07 Member

so these will fit into the standard s3 xenons , without changing the xenon unit itself , which ones do i buy in there shop
  6. golf

golf ***** rent boy

Why exactly are you changing the bulbs? OEM xenon lighting is very desirable and offers the best light output (in lumens). If by 'shite' you mean too white and inconspicuous, then I wouldn't recommend going past 6000k. Any further than that and you're losing a lot of light in favour of looks.

The bulb you require will be D2S I think. Double check before buying though; http://www.hids4u.co.uk/product_details.asp?id=5
  7. nick-barnes07

nick-barnes07 Member

they are not very bright , I was going down the motorway the other night and i couldnt really see much , in my old leon the bulbs used to light the whole road up , were fine on low beam , but when on high beam they were a bit to bright