S3 headgasket

god_thats_quick

Numptie of the highest order
Reaction score
Website
www.theregister.co.uk
Hi Folks,

Pretty sure my S3 has eaten it's head gasket after one too many mountains in Scotland over the summer.

If your car was using water and running like a bag of **** sometimes who would you trust to do the work bearing in mind it's going to be a big bill regardless.

I won't go into why but I have trust issues with garages and would rather do this myself however I don't really have the time!

I'm in the Thames Valley if anyone's going to make local recommendations, also don't mind travelling for someone extra good.

Cheers,
Ben

PS. To answer that other thread about S3s being money pits, they sure ******* are if driven hard and you do a lot of miles, I'm too scared to add my bills up!

Hello mate I have heard nothing but good reviews from APS at Brackley(www.autops.co.uk) I had my Last car remaped there and can say it is a VERY tidy workshop nice blokes aswell

Hello mate I have heard nothing but good reviews from APS at Brackley(www.autops.co.uk) I had my Last car remaped there and can say it is a VERY tidy workshop nice blokes aswell

I concur. APS did my clutch just last week at a days notice. Ed even gave me lift home after dropping the car off, and picked me up when it was ready to collect. (Both times in an RS4 Avant!!:eyebrows:)

Excellent firm and reasonably priced too.

Cheers,

hi mate, the guys over at storm developments are amazing. no body else is ever going to touch my car put it that way. i had a new turbo fitted with them and a load of other bits. service is seconds to none.

Hi Jon
wavey.gif

Needless to say, the head was cracked when they took the head off to see what was going on. It's ~£1600+ vat for a new head, which I don't really feel like spending if I'm honest.

Anyone know anywhere good to get a head with or without valves that definately isn't cracked or warped?

PS. Ironically for anyone that fancies a giggle, it's the same cylinder that melted a piston and shagged the block a few years ago, nearly ****** myself when I was chatting with the mechanic earlier.
hehe.gif

Hi Ben

I don't believe you have managed to destroy another engine. How many miles did you manage on the last one?

Where did you take it in the end?

We will definitely have to meet up after you have had it repaired.

Thanks - Will give them a call, but most places like that only seem to refurb your own head, I need a new one as it's cracked on two seperate cylinders.

Jon, just replied to the other thread. Short engine was at 63k car has just gone past 151k so it's done better than last time! Took it to a local guy to where I work in Maidenhead that a good friend has known for over 20 years. Will report back if all is as good as it seems to be so far!