1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 handling problem - suspected anti-roll bar "insert" + shocks

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by dpeilow, Jan 11, 2008.

1. dpeilow

dpeilow Member

Hi,

After carrying what was probably too heavy a load a while back (don't ask) my car hasn't been handling right since. There has been too much body roll on bumpy roads and it hasn't been tight going around corners.

So I took it into Fontains to get it checked out and just had a phone call to say both rear shocks need replacing (£250) and also the anti roll bar "inserts" are cracked and also need replacing (another £250 fitted...)

That last price seems a bit steep. I'm presuming they are talking about arb bushes. What else is there that could be costing this much?

Dave

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Defratos

Defratos You’re Dethpicable!!

The arb bushes would not be £250, they're more like £30-£40 for the nuespeed ones. As for a new arb then they're around £250, but why do your rear shocks need replacing?

4. Aky

Aky Aky

sounds like a great excuse to sort out the handling with some decent suspension components!

5. claudefrog

claudefrog Member

you need to stop picking up fat burds ;) lol

rite.. I would take the car straight back from the dealers, order up some shocks from your local motor factors.. approx £100 will see 2 shocks.. I just had a quick check on the Eurocarparts.com website.. and they come up with

REAR SHOCK ABSORBER AUDI TT COUPE QUATTRO -12.99
    Upto Cha 8NY-120000 £51.84

A garage will charge you max 1 hours labour to fit them.

Also.. ARB bushes should be about £25 - £30 to get sorted

6. dpeilow

dpeilow Member

Thanks for the info

I spoke to the garage again yesterday afternoon. They are saying it is in fact the whole ARB that needs replacing. They said this is £50 plus two hours labour.
    Given that they are doing the shocks at the same time, this seems a bit high for the labour time to me.