1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 grille on '59 A3 S-Line - Audi say I'm wrong

mhigham Apr 19, 2010

1. mhigham

mhigham New Member

Looking for someone to confirm for me please. I'm looking to replace the A3 grille with an S3 one as per a post I read earlier but Audi Edinburgh say the parts are different sizes. I was under the impression that they would be a straight swap once the bumper was off.

Am I wrong?

Cheers

Mark

2. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Staff Member Moderator

The S3 is slightly shorter!

3. mhigham

mhigham New Member

4. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

your right but wrong, its only shorter on the pre facelift cars. The Facelift one is 100% direct fitment, as Sem did on here and also a few others too.

Its a popular mod because facelift S lines have the same grille as the lower specs so makes a nice change!

5. pns2007

pns2007 Active Member VCDS Map User

I retrofitted the S3 grill on my A3 and its an exact fit. I posted pictures in SEM's thread. The only minor problem is that you have to adapt an S-Line bad to fit the grill where the S3 badge is.

6. mhigham

mhigham New Member

guys, very much appreciated

7. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets VCDS Map User

dont listen to audi, theyre cunts, just ask most of us that have done mods ive been told a lot cant be done and ive done it. hell a few years back they were saying cruise wasnt availible to retrofit

8. mhigham

mhigham New Member

loving the honest answer P5SND!

9. Moley RUFC

Moley RUFC New Member

I love the next BMW advert to just say this rather than talk about 'economic sports styling'

BMW = dont listen to audi, theyre cunts

10. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets VCDS Map User

well just last week i was told that locking wheel nuts cannot be removed when you dont have the key without damaging the wheels, granted it took 2 hours but its possible

11. Angry Beaver

Angry Beaver New Member

Mine is a 07 model with the S3 grille
    Yes it was a little shorter but not enough to worry
    [​IMG]