S3 gone , now in an R36!

-Ju-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well after 14 months in the S3 I've sold up in favour of an R36!
Taking nothing away from the S3, I always missed the V6/DSG combination I had in the A3. I was also finding the 3 doors a little awkward for my growing 14yr old.
I contemplated a few different cars including a mk4 and a mk5 R32 but decided against both for various reasons, I also contemplated a newer S3 DSG sportback but tbh I wanted a change after having 3 A3's
The R36 is a completely different animal altogether, beautifully refined but rapid and with a very impressive spec list as standard. It's also surprisingly economical returning 30 on a run and mid 20's with a mix of in and out of town driving.
I maybe back in an Audi in the future but for now the R36 is definitely floating my boat!

Pics to follow!

Last edited:
Yeah they are nate, I am quite sad that I've moved on but I got a great deal on the R and I've always fancied one so I thought sod it!

Untitled-5.jpg

20121025_151039.jpg

20121025_151352.jpg

20121025_151407.jpg

20121025_151110.jpg

20121025_151124.jpg

And some pics from this weekends Wales trip so excuse the dirty car!
CD09EB9A-orig.jpg

576A6B95-orig.jpg

CD463CE3-orig.jpg

Reactions: Ash187 and shariain
Lovely looking car mate and great purchase? Don't see many of these around. Sure it sounds awesome as well!

Didn't even know they existed until now? Nice motor. Enjoy!

A very 'stealthy' performance car, no doubt you surprise a fair few people with this cars performance and are enjoying all that space :)

Looks spot on mate nice spec too by the looks of it

Needs some 19s but it looks great! Love that rear end.

Have my 19" BBS CKII's to put on if they look ok, although it'll be after winter now if I do

One of the guys on the other forum I frequent had one of these stolen from
his drive after they broke in and took the keys about a year ago.

Hope you're a bit luckier with yours. Nice car!!

Yeah I saw that, only up the road from me too!

They did these in an estate form too. The ultimate sleeper?

0-60 in 5.6 and 300 bhp are very tidy figures!

Nice car, enjoy.

Gorgeous! I was this close to sticking an R36 engine into my old VR, but put the money toward the S3 instead. Stonking engine... Congrats!

I've been watching R36 Videos this morning on Youtube.......deffo needs an uprated exhaust but hell, it sings once you put a good one on.

Love it.

Get a GoPro stuck to the rear bumper, and lets all have a listen!

Thanks for the nice comments, have done 600 miles in it this weekend and it sure does play a nice tune!
Also has the best seats I've ever sat in, could of done another 600 miles easy!
34C030AE-orig.jpg

Doesn't matter about the plate as it's going onto a personalised one

Never seen one of these before, bet it sounds immense.

Not a fan of the interior though, they seem to have got a bit happy with the metal plate!

lovely motor :D
sound of r36 is epic. enjoy it :D

what a sound :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be completely honest and say i've never heard of an R36 until now!

Very smart car mind and an awesome sounding one if its anything like the Vid!

Visually it looks like a sleeper, what are the stats? BHP? 0-60?

very nice car, im very surprised on the quoted figures for fuel economy, 35mpg on a run for a 300BHP 3.6 litre V6 4WD petrol saloon :wtf:

I bet you can get close to that tbh. I got 30 mpg this weekend without really trying although sometimes the readout does look a little scary! Not bad though for a 4wd saloon car with 300bhp and a 0-60 of 5.6!

Very nice mate, congratulations!

They're extremely rare as well. A good buy...

Thats nice and very different from what you would expect from a Passat.

What's going on with those seat bases though, they look shagged? :unsure:

Nah it's just the way the alcantara pile was laying at the time as it had been valeted/protected before I picked it up. The base is in pristine condition

Thats nice and very different from what you would expect from a Passat.

What's going on with those seat bases though, they look shagged? :unsure:

Ive seen these beasties in estate form but not seen one in saloon form. I think the seats are alcantara stylee so just look like that when you climb in and out due to suede leather effect. I used to have them in a Volvo S70R and they did this.

Love the R36, wish they did one in the latest rencarnation of the Passat... don't think i'd be able to persuade my boss though lol

Didn't Fifth gear do a back to back test against a 3.0TDi A4, and the R36 lost:uhm:

Good call,they are a sleeper and a half :icon_thumright:
Audi cabin is hard to beat though.