S3 going upto 350-400bhp what brake upgrades??

P333RAH

Reaction score
Hi all,

iam going upto 350-400bhp on my S3 what brake upgrades would you recommend......

just better discs and pads or big brake kit?

regards,
Darren

Different people will say different things but for me i run 6 pots on the fronts with 355mm discs and a 330mm rear disc conversion and i run 500+bhp

:icon_thumright: Got pics of the setup andrew?

...although in fairness due to the lack of a single build thread Andrews stuff is quite tricky to find lol... I am sure there is another thread somewhere with the rears on... :uhm:

<tuffty/>

Thanks Tuffty! I reckon Andrew should do a thread with all links to his builds :whistle2:

Sorry for derailing the thread Darren

Cayenne 6 pots or 911 4 pots seem to be the favourites. I went Cayenne to future proof. Some see it as overkill but I'd rather be over-braked, since the weight difference was minimal with 2 piece discs. Worth investing in a good brand too.

I've just priced discs up for my Porsche calipers £200 quid each......WTF......

4 pots would be a very good investment on a car with 400bhp. Anything over 330mm is really for the pub points IMO.

Far more important than disc size is pad choice. I you're serious about stopping quickly, get some serious pads :)

The cayenne adapters available use R32 334mm discs, which aren't too badly priced. Badger5 might do a 2 piece version with the same offset? If not ECS do.