1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Fuel Tank and pump

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Ronin225, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Ronin225

Ronin225 SEAT owner

[Mar 24, 2012]
    Currently breaking S3 for a 4wd conversion and when taking the tank off today it appears there is only one pump in it
    Being as the tank straddles the prop i would expect it to possibly pump or move the fuel from one tank to the other to prevent starvation
    The electrical connector is only to one is side, i assume there is no pump on the otherside as the cabling would have to be ran through the tank, seems unlikely
    I know a techie but havnt spoken to him in awhile and i was sure he told me there were 2 pumps
    Been looking on vagcat and there appears to be some sort of unit in the other tank but it doesnt say what it is
    Anybody able to help?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Jan 31, 2015]

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 24, 2012]
    Only one pump... I believe the other unit is just a pickup that the pump uses to balance between the tanks...

<tuffty/>
  4. Ronin225

Ronin225 SEAT owner

[Mar 24, 2012]
    Cheers for that
    Looking at the pic more closely it looks like the second side could have a pick up there and appears to house the float switch on that side too
  5. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

[Mar 25, 2012]
    Theres a float switch in both tanks...