1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 front mask grill

kachnak Nov 15, 2011

1. kachnak

kachnak Active Member

Hello, I cannot find on internet front mask.. black matt or chrome. Also black matt logo. Any body know some place when is possible it buy? My old mask is broken.
    Thank you.

[​IMG]

2. Darren4

Darren4 Member

Most people just spray there old ones tbh. That's what I did and it's much easier and cheaper. Only ones I know that come in matt black is vw signs.

3. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

The other alternative to painting it is to get it wrapped in vinyl.

4. Darren4

Darren4 Member

Ooo I forgot about adding that, good call

5. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

I've tried spray painting with 4 layers of matt plasticoat and it chipped. I then got the body shop to paint it body coloured with primer, main coat, and laquer and it chipped. Now it's been wrapped and its not chipped :) it's much tougher.

6. Jordan1.8t

Jordan1.8t Member

I wrapped mine. It tends to get chipped if you spray it.

Thats from my own previous experience anyways. Maybe im just not great at spraying lol

7. camscockle20vT

camscockle20vT The stigs ugly brother

Well i used halfrauds matt black spray, gave the grill a good rub down with some wet n dry aswell as giving it time to dry inbetween coats, i put 3 coats and a few touches on the corners! Hasnt chipped in the 5months of doing it.

8. egesford

egesford Member

you can get a badgeless grille from ebay for about 20 quid, looks better and wont chip

9. kachnak

kachnak Active Member

10. daz-20vt

daz-20vt Well-Known Member

I used plasti dip for mine. 18 months without a problem. Only downside is the matt black doesnt quite match the rest of the grill so will have to do that at some point to. Is the black car in that pic yours?

11. kachnak

kachnak Active Member

I have also plastidip but after 1 year it is going down. I think put audi logo to vinil is hard from 1 piece of vinil. Maybe i will try plastidip again. no upper car is not mine, my car is this :)
    214.jpg http://euroscene.net/stance/214.jpg

12. daz-20vt

daz-20vt Well-Known Member

Need it lowered mate!! Lol. Did you prep it before? I rubbed mine down first. In theory with plasti dip you dont need to but its gotta help. Also i removed it and did the back also. They sell a primer that adds to the strength but that loses the pulling off ability. Daz