1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 front fog lights questions??

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by baz_baz, Aug 15, 2011.

1. baz_baz

baz_baz New Member

I have owned my S3 for just over a week now, i'm missing both front fog lights. I'm new to Audis and wasnt until I had a proper look over my car I realised it had an intercooler at either side?? I'm thinking of ordering some new fogs to fill the gaps just wanted to ask weather removing them is a done thing for extra cooling??

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow...
    Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

I doubt it... they can only just cope on a std map, once remapped they are next useless tbh....

The SMIC's are tucked up out the way but there is a plastic 'funnel' that drives air to the SMICs... having the fogs removed won't make that much if any difference to their effectiveness...

<tuffty/>

4. liquids3

liquids3 Member

Normaly have to remove fogs to make room for the intercooler pipes!,thats why im getting custom intercooler pipes made for my frontmout which is'nt fitted yet!,because think it looks tackey without then!,i think they do anyway!,so id get some different pipes and new fogs!!

#3 liquids3, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  5. <tuffty/>

Depends on what FMIC you use... Forge and both AH Fabs V1/2 are designed to fit without removing fogs... AH Fabs V2 use 63mm pipework and is big enough for big turbo installs

<tuffty/>

6. liquids3

liquids3 Member

Oh thats good to know,i have'nt fitted mine yet because im not running alot or enough power yet!,was going to get new pipes re fabricated!,now i know that will get the,obveous better quality one!,you learn something new every day see lol

7. <tuffty/>

8. liquids3

liquids3 Member

i will do in amin, did'nt know that though prob cuz im goin for brakes susp wheels more power later next year when car can handel it, so good job ive found that out sooner rather than later!,would'nt wana loose my fogs!,thats prob why baz's car has'nt got fogs though cant be weight lol

9. baz_baz

baz_baz New Member

My cars completely standard so a just assume my fogs must of been removed for some random reason and not replaced.
    Cheers for the replys. Just need fin some foglights now lol

10. liquids3

liquids3 Member

You should find some easy enough id say go on ebay and find one breaking!

11. liquids3

liquids3 Member

your car is amazing love the fact that you have done loads of nice touches to hide signs of power,and all engine work yourself!,id pat yourself on the back and great post havent read that before,seen the intercooler as wel looks good wel done mate!,all you need to do now is lpg it lol!!

12. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid
    Supporter

Agreed with a lot of new members of late, it is a worthwhile read if you got a spare week ....:drag:.. mucho respect to Tufty