S3 front bumper. Where can I get one?? (don't say Audi !!)

john_cook

I was the STIG.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've got a 2005 A3 3 door. Its got a Rieger Front bumper on which is pretty low and scrapes on speed humps and lots of sh!t, is starting to bug me.

Would a new S3 front bumper fit straight on my car??

If so, where is the best place to get one from for a good price?

If it works might do the black optics grill mod also.

Appreciate any advice..

Cooky

this may sound like a dumb question but what exactly is pre/post facelift? Is 2005 pre or post facelift?

Cooky

I bought my S3 grille from a user on here. and im buyin the s3 bumper from audi its £240 ive already got all the other grilles, just need to get it sprayed after

john_cook said:
this may sound like a dumb question but what exactly is pre/post facelift? Is 2005 pre or post facelift?

Cooky

If thats your audi in you sig then am I right in saying that you originally had a twin front grill and not the big mouth grill??

If you have the twin grill, then sadly the S3 bumper will not directly fit as you would need to change the bonnet as well :(

By reading your sig I see you have 19s and lowered 30mm

I have a standard sport (twin grill) bumper with the votex splitter. Usually i have my 19" rims on but now i have the 17s back on (for MOT and now winter). car is lowered right down on coilovers and I have no problems at all with the bumper scuffing

N8KOW said:
I bought my S3 grille from a user on here. and im buyin the s3 bumper from audi its £240 ive already got all the other grilles, just need to get it sprayed after

what year is your car mate? is it post facelift??

If i got the bumper and wanted to do that black grill mod do I buy a black grill or buy a normal one and spray it?

COoky

PS - post pics when its done!

Boydie said:
If thats your audi in you sig then am I right in saying that you originally had a twin front grill and not the big mouth grill??

If you have the twin grill, then sadly the S3 bumper will not directly fit as you would need to change the bonnet as well :(

By reading your sig I see you have 19s and lowered 30mm

I have a standard sport (twin grill) bumper with the votex splitter. Usually i have my 19" rims on but now i have the 17s back on (for MOT and now winter). car is lowered right down on coilovers and I have no problems at all with the bumper scuffing

Yeah it was the twin front grill. Guess i'm old skool then, pre-facelift :crying:

damn, that sucks. The front bumper on mine catches in multi-storey car parks when going down the ramps a bit too quick.

Cooky

cheers lad lol I have learned from the best on Audisport :p

You will just have to go dead slow and you shouldn't have a problem - I crawl over every bump and ramp. My uni is terrible for speedbumps that I started a campaign and a petition to remove them....we won :rockwoot:

john_cook said:
Yeah it was the twin front grill. Guess i'm old skool then, pre-facelift :crying:

damn, that sucks. The front bumper on mine catches in multi-storey car parks when going down the ramps a bit too quick.

Cooky

What about an Oettinger front and keep your black DFG.

3643.jpeg

Yeah, just trying to give Cooky another choice.

Does look better on a Sportback though.

4138.jpeg

Oettinger gear is top quality and fits perfect. looks ok too but I am no longer inclined to style my car in that way anymore

thanks guys,

oettinger bumper looks pretty low. i like the looks of my rieger bumper a lot, but its too low, reckon the oettinger will scrape as much as the rieger.

the hoefle looks ok, but fit is bit dodgy around the bonnet. How much is it anyway??

cooky