S3 For sale

If anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

At the moment i am looking at the Subaru WR1 or the JDM spec one and also have looked at the S4, I dont normally keep my cars long due to the joys of still being a none home owner.

Just want something differant and am 25 soon so the insurance will be within my buget. The S3 is a great car but too my of a managers car tbh.

knowing someone who had a WR1, I'd steer clear of them. They suffer real bad from turbo lag. He had it from new for 6 months and replaced it with a 3.2 A3 S line (he posts on here as S_Line )
The JDM on the other hand is a wicked motor, twin scroll turbo and it will fly all the way from 2k
With either model, you'll have to deal with the slightly suspect image.
Unfortunatley too many of the wrong type of people getting in those cars now, I really loved my Scooby but have been put off by some of the idiots who give them such a bad name.

Best of luck with your sale though, it looks mint /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

MattS3 I know what your saying about the image and the WR1 as I have borrowed/drove a few yet to have a go in the JDM. It is just something I need to do to get it out of my system before I have to go out and get a house and settle down, what else is there?

dgannon69 At the moment I am in no rush to sell but the more I wait the less money I will get for it,

I can run a subs day to day service every 10k, 20mpg ish thats fine just dont like the idear of someone knocking the front door down to get the keys, but then again they do that to get Golfs these days (S3/A3's too).

The one that interested me for the above is the evo but a service at 4.5k is not on and its normally about 300 notes. Need / want a every day car thats sub 5 to 60 and usable.

I dont really know why i want one i can get enough speed out of my bike!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
MattS3 I know what your saying about the image and the WR1 as I have borrowed/drove a few yet to have a go in the JDM. It is just something I need to do to get it out of my system before I have to go out and get a house and settle down, what else is there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that feeling. I'd wanted a scooby for years, and loved it when I got it. There is a great community of drivers out there and that was a big part of the enjoyment (although you see mods on other cars and then "have" to get them yourself so it costs a fortune!) along with the fantsatic noise they make.
I still miss mine now, but when I see 3.5k L reg imports being driven at 70+ mph in 30mph limits with all his mates inside, I know I did the right thing by getting shot of it. Its an image I dont want.
The alternative is an Evo V1 (Gotta get the TME ltd edition) as they look soo much nicer than the V111, but with a service every 4.5k, its not a cheap car to run, especially with 20 to the gallon and a very small tank, you'd be filling it up every 3 days.
My next car is gonna be an M3, some good examples can be had for circa 20k at the moment. When I change again in 12-18 months, they should be around 17k and it will deliver both power and prestige.

Interesting thread here about a guy whose owned an Evo and now has an M3 http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=493955

Best of luck with whatever you buy, make sure you tell us all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I do like the EVO but like the 8 FQ300 my mate had a EVO 6 GSR but i dont think i could handel th 4.5k service.

I have looked at the M3 but as with my S3 i dont like the idear of miles over 30k really sub 15 is what i would like but you ent going to get a E46 M3 for the same cost of a STI PPP or a JDM

Some awesome looking cars there for sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I like the silver one with the black wheels!!!!! Also thats one mint P1

Don't get a scoob!!

I sold my S3 and bought an Impreza in December and REALLY regreted it!

This week I part ex'd the scoob for.... my old S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Good job the dealer still had it.

Basically, the Subaru was god awful to drive on a day to day basis and needed constant thrashing to make it go quickly. I just couldn't live with the unrefinement or lack of comfort/toys it had.

Audi all the way for me

If you are interseted in an EVO... they are doing a special offer at the moment...

Brand new FQ300 with years free servicing for like 22k... that solves your servicing issues out. Chips to about 350ish... be quicker than any scoob! Get the rally car out your blood... I am a year from 25... sure I will end up with a scoob or an evo shortly after! :p

[ QUOTE ]
Don't get a scoob!!

I sold my S3 and bought an Impreza in December and REALLY regreted it!

This week I part ex'd the scoob for.... my old S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Good job the dealer still had it.

Basically, the Subaru was god awful to drive on a day to day basis and needed constant thrashing to make it go quickly. I just couldn't live with the unrefinement or lack of comfort/toys it had.

Audi all the way for me

[/ QUOTE ]

****** hell Gareth, how much did that cost you? Did you keep the Oneclick for it?

[ QUOTE ]
If you are interseted in an EVO... they are doing a special offer at the moment...

Brand new FQ300 with years free servicing for like 22k... that solves your servicing issues out. Chips to about 350ish... be quicker than any scoob! Get the rally car out your blood... I am a year from 25... sure I will end up with a scoob or an evo shortly after! :p

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, these are the beasts, even Scoobies give EVO's respect, but you need to have somewhere to park the thing securely, and try and get an insurance quote on one at 25.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Chip to 350, 300bhp is plenty quick enough lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Just looked into the EVO free servicing is only on the 260 (the slow en) for 3 years. At the moment i am heading to the WR1 and its the cheapest to insure at 24!

[ QUOTE ]
At the moment i am heading to the WR1 and its the cheapest to insure at 24!

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be cheaper.
Bizzarely it has 315BHP but because it came with the PPP pack as standard spec., its cheaper to insure than the 305 BHP STI with PPP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Yep as the PPP on an STI is classed as a big mod

The S3 has now been sold subject to a HPI check which he should be doing Monday!!!

[ QUOTE ]
The S3 has now been sold subject to a HPI check which he should be doing Monday!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget to mention this forum to the new member bud! Nice meeting you at Awesome earlier on in the year, and goodluck with your new motor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Cheers mate i will pass it on and i will still be on here. Nice meeting you to mate.

[ QUOTE ]
Just looked into the EVO free servicing is only on the 260 (the slow en) for 3 years. At the moment i am heading to the WR1 and its the cheapest to insure at 24!

[/ QUOTE ]

All you need to do is...

Replace the exhaust which will give you close on 300... there is serious limitation in the exhaust. Chip it and away you go with 350HP.

3 years free servicing on a car like that... WOW... the is like the ONLY reason NOT to buy an evo is the servicing... 3 years... mmm, tempted myself!

2 Grand for the big wing too, im not overyly convinced

Why would you want a big wing?

The power figures are not exadurated... you can look into the spec differences, apart from seats, wheels and big wing - there is almost no difference in this and the FQ340

Sore that the other day looks ok i may ask a few questions