1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 flat spot???

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by gurry, May 19, 2007.

1. gurry

gurry New Member

Hi i have recentley had my s3 remapped at AMD, when accelerating hard the car seems to lose power or has a flat spot soon after the turbo has come in??anybody have any ideas???
  2. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

MAF sensor is the most probable cause!

When you say you have had an AmD remap, did you get it done at the new place owned by Bigboystoys?, guess they don't do diagnostics before mapping then. :no:
  3. gurry

gurry New Member

yes it was done at big boys toys, i am not sure if they carried out a diagnostics test before hand, if i take it back to them and they carry out a test will it show me if it is the MAF sensor??
  4. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

I have an AmD stage1 map, but it was done when AmD was based in Bicester, and they did a full diagnostic on my car prior to mapping it, I needed a new MAF before they would map it incedently. It wouldn't hurt to get them to diagnose your car, since you have paid for the remap and you are not happy! It should rev cleanly throughout the rev range all the way to the redline.