1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 FAILED TO START

TommyMac Nov 28, 2011

1. TommyMac

TommyMac Member

Went to car today about 5pm (2009 s3 sportback) it turned over but never fired up, gave lots of warning tones and lights ESP ABS no oil no brakes showing no fuel in dis, but there was fuel and no faults when i last drove it on friday.
    i called audi assistance they arrived in about 40 mins, connected car to laptop test show lots of faults all around ecu not connecting to anything else. Unable to fix they are recoving in morning to local audi. Has this happend to anybody else? im sure it wont be a big problem just though id ask you guys. thanks tommy.

2. S.

S. Well-Known Member Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi S3 Manual

it happened to me. spark plugs were dead.

3. TommyMac

TommyMac Member

Funny thing all spark plugs going in one go, my cars done less than 23000 miles having said that not even a hint of fireing up.

4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

possible failed coil pack caused a fuse to go?

Hopefully not blown the coil pack driver on the ECU or similar

5. TommyMac

TommyMac Member

The cars still under warranty so audi will pick up the bill fingers crossed.

6. S.

i had new sparks in it, done less than 5000km's.

7. TommyMac

TommyMac Member

Well audi recovered car at 7.20am had it all day and guess what ? yes nobody looked at it:keule:maybe tomorrow ill update when i know more about fault.

8. S.

Great way of doing bussiness. They'll do anything to sell the premium brand, but when it's time to look after you they don't give a f**k.
    Hope it gets sorted out soon.