1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Factory Fit Sat Nav- Cleaning the screen??

elgan Dec 13, 2010

1. elgan

elgan New Member

Since ive had the car, theres been like a film on the screen, which wont wipe off with your finger. i dont want to put anything too abrasive on it, but wondered what people use to clean their screens. Its shows up really bad in daylight when its on, but is fine in the dark obv. trying to photograph it is like like pissing in the wind tho

2. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets VCDS Map User

afaik theres a plastic buffing compound people were using to buff off the protective layer then they were laying down a screen cover for the rns cant recall its name the answers over on vagoc.co.uk somewhere

3. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

There's an anti-glare coating on the screen which IMHO doesn't work and shows up every tiny mark. Quite a few of us have taken the coating off completely using stuff like Displex:

displex - Google Search

4. elgan

elgan New Member

bought a tube on ebay £ 2.85 free P&P. hope this tidies it up a bit, looks dreadfull as it is lol. thanks

5. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets VCDS Map User

lemme know how you gett on and drop me a link to the ebay this interests me

6. royjk

royjk Member

Done mine using Diplex comes off very easy, took about 20 mins, looks much better.