1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 exhaust gas temp sensor problem

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by marc464, Jul 14, 2013.

1. marc464

marc464 New Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Hi I have a 2001 audi s3 amk engine and I have had a problem with it feeling sluggish I have sorted some boost leaks and I forgot to plug in the exhaust gas temp sensor went for a drive and it felt great plugged vag com on to the car found egt to bee open circuit so plugged it back in went for a drive and it felt sluggish again any surgestions on what the problem could be
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Chlippo

Chlippo Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Doesn't the egt stores an error when its plugged and you scan the car with vag com
  4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow...
    Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Sep 14, 2008
    With the EGT probe disconnected the ecu runs in protection tables (ecu sees a temp of 1100 degrees) and will over fuel (0.75 lambda) all the time... you will get rubbish MPG and bore wash which promotes engine wear..

I think the 'sluggishness' could be something else tbh... clear all fault codes and see what comes back... allow the ECU to adapt properly (will take a few miles of driving) and this should bring things back in check...

Failing that logging will be needed to see if there is any other issues