1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. hi guys, my brother has just bought a new dsg s3, extremeley nice. hes not been out of it all day! ifor those who own an s3, the exhaust burst sound when the car changes up a gear sounds so nice. i was just wondering is it a valve in the exhaust or something? and also is it possible to get an exhaust for the 2.0 tdi dsg which will produce the same noise? cheers guys.

2. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

i think what your talking about seems to be more apparent on DSG's due to the speed it changes tbh mate.... and ive only ever heard it on 2.0T engines...

3. whiteunderarm

whiteunderarm Member

What you are hearing is the throttle blip as a result of the DSG...it blips changing up or down...not sure it does this on the TDi's tho...

4. Boydie

Boydie S3 8V DSG VCDS Map User

Commonly known as DSG Farts lol

5. Lex696

Lex696 Member

i have read the stock exhaust sounds a bit flat, not very meaty - this true? i mean even when mine arrives i prob wont change it for sake of keeping things simple, but i'm surprised to hear there isnt much beef?? :search:

6. xnox202

xnox202 Member

DSG Burps are teh love.

7. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

DSG Farts :wub:

8. haha thats wot it sounds like!

9. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Staff Member Moderator

haa haa my V6 DSG farts sound even better!!!

10. Indie_DSG

Indie_DSG Member

Well did we really need to know those intimate things Sarah? LOL!!

I have seen a PD140 with an S3 back box and the sound it makes is very different than standard!
    My DSG blips up and down quite nicely - I may have to think about getting an S3 rear box!! :-O

11. The Maestro

The Maestro S3 ~ MTM 330BHP ~ Milltek TBE

Sounds even better with a Milltek exhaust