1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 engine in a3

MfkerHR Dec 27, 2017

1. MfkerHR

MfkerHR New Member

Hi i have quick question for u guys.
    I have a good oppurtunity to buy s3 engine 220hp naked engine only engine without agregats turbo etc

My question is can i mount it to my a3 without problems. now its 1.8t 150hp mark AGU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Bare engine is more or less exactly the same as you have mechanically...

Depending on the engine code of the S3 engine there are a couple of subtle differences but they won't make much in the way of any difference to fitment

All S3 engines are small port rather than large port so ideally you would need a phenolic transition gasket to step down from large port inlet to the small port head, later AMK/BAM engines have a VVT tensioner that you can't take advantage of but you won't need to swap it as it will just work in its default position..

There is no advantage to swapping the engines realistically... bottom ends are mechanically the same...

Whats the reason for the swap?

<tuffty/>

3. MfkerHR

MfkerHR New Member

My current 1.8t burns oil low compression etc 320k km on clock

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Ah... ok... makes sense then :)

Treat it as a bare engine... swap relevant parts over (sensors, coolant hard pipe etc) and job done... prob worth considering doing the rods if you plan for power too

<tuffty/>

5. MfkerHR

MfkerHR New Member

Yes i plan to chip it. But my question is will i get more power with s3 engine or not since its 1.8t k03 turbo

6. Tj 0785

Tj 0785 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Bronze Supporter Audi S3

No

7. <tuffty/>

Its exactly the same engine dude you won't get any more or less power out of it than you would your AGU... if you bolt it straight in it will be the same as it is now power wise

<tuffty/>

8. MfkerHR

MfkerHR New Member

Thanks i understand now why. Silly of me asking this

9. <tuffty/>

You aren't the first and won't be the last mate to ask mate :)

<tuffty/>

MfkerHR likes this.
  10. MfkerHR

MfkerHR New Member

Cheers m8