1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 ECU

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by ScottyKemp, Dec 10, 2003.

1. ScottyKemp

ScottyKemp Member

[Dec 10, 2003]
    I want to Chip my S3 AMD or REVO, but I have an Audi Warranty and do not want to run the risk that they will detect it has been chipped /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif .

Does anyone know, how much a new ECU would cost, and weather or not I could just swap them round when the car goes in for a service or to fix a problem.
    Would swapping the ECU cause any problems to the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif ?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Dec 10, 2003]
    If both ECU's are coded correctly and are of the same part number then there would be no problems, but using different part numbers of Bosch ECU's will cause problems in most cases.

The liklihood of the dealer finding out is very slim....
  4. munkey

munkey Member

[Dec 10, 2003]
    Thought they were about £300...

Scotty - good to see someone local on here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  5. Administrators

Administrators Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[Dec 10, 2003]
    Most people are serial programming ECU's now, there are still some ECU's that cannot be serial programmed due to there design, for example the Non ETC A3 1.8T's, pre 99 generally. Even then it is very hard to tell either way.

If you don't want to worry about having to swap ECU's(Remember there are shear bolts holding your current ECU in no doubt) Then you will be able to buy the AmD OneClick device within the next few weeks to swap your software truly back to standard.
    If you just want your car serially programmed so as to not worry about whether your ecu has been opened(even though it's hard to tell anyway!) then there are several companies out there doing this, including AmD as I've seen lots done this way already! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  6. ScottyKemp

ScottyKemp Member

[Dec 10, 2003]
    IS the OneClick the same sort of thing as REVO ? That sounds very interesting, as i probably want to go with AMD, just because of the experience they have, but did not fancy cracking open the ECU, but as you say it is hard to tell it has been done.

I like the sound of REVO, the way you can switch back and forth, but rumors say it does not go back to its true state, but they are only rumors i think !

Any Price Guides for AMD oneclick ?
  7. Administrators

[Dec 10, 2003]
    No prices of the OneClick at the moment, but it'll be competitive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Not the same thing as the revo as the OneClick does a complete swap and your ECU code looks like it's never been altered when in standard mode.

I can't comment on the rumours you've heard about revo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  8. ScottyKemp

ScottyKemp Member

[Dec 10, 2003]
    That sounds proper bo' !
  9. Administrators

[Dec 10, 2003]
    Indeed! All good for a proper chrimbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  10. DRESTER

DRESTER New Member

[Dec 11, 2003]
    Please feel free to correct me if I a wrong. I am no expert when it comes to Audi ECUs but I am pretty sure the ECU is logging every attribute it can!

With regards to not detecting if the ECU has been opened. Dont they come with some form of Tamperproof warranty seal that splits when opened, stuck to the side of it?

If you had 2 ECUs when you bring your car to the dealers you will have a small set of minor errors logged.

E.G 1.) Low voltage or disconnected battery logged.
    2.) Incorrect time and date stamp.
    3.) Mileage data on the ECU wouldn't reflect the
    Reading on the dash milometer.

It wouldnt be to long before the dealers smell the rat! Then you will have all the bother of coding your keys to work with the new ECU not to sure if Vag.com has the functionality to complete the task, so you will have to visit the dealer. I am sure there would be more errors but thats all I can think of for the moment.

Dre.
  11. Leddy

Leddy Member

[Dec 11, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    JPR said:
    I can't comment on the rumours you've heard about revo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What rumours are these?

(connects wires, sets timer and runs for cover!!!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
  12. AlexStanley

AlexStanley Member

[Dec 11, 2003]
    Ooh Leddy you troublemaker, you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
  13. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Dec 11, 2003]
    that 'cause he is safely away in the channel Islands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
  14. Leddy

Leddy Member

[Dec 12, 2003]
    An innocent question /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif