1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 easily mistaken for an A3? insurance woes...and rant.

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by boggysv, Feb 2, 2008.

1. boggysv

boggysv Member

[Feb 2, 2008]
    Pure bad luck with the car really.

First, my car got delayed and the dealer never tells me what's going on.

Then, I was told my registration plate contains ASS
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=50465

Just this morning, I found out that my insurance agent mistook my car (s3) for the A3 2.0T quattro. I've spent a good few minutes telling the guy it's an S3, but apparently he didnt hear me.

I called them to correct the mistake, and he needs two years of ncb to insure me on the S3. I dont have them since I've never driven in the uk before, so I asked if I can just use my foreign ncb. He says OK.

Guess what? I called them up with my documents again, ready to take up the quote. This second advisor tells me the first guy made a mistake and I couldnt use my foreign ncb. WTF!?! He said he would discuss with the earlier guy to work things out and call me back.

So now,4 days before collection, I've got 2 insurance agents debating whether to insure my ASS plate car which arrived 1 month late.

All these even before seeing my car in the flesh or turning the key.:keule:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 26, 2014]

3. jamiekip

jamiekip Guest

[Feb 2, 2008]
    That sucks mate!
    Had the same thing getting insurance quotes before ordering mine, quotes came through with 2.0T quattro!
    A royal pain, but at least you spotted it, imagine if something had happened and you ended up without cover....
  4. Nelson15

Nelson15 Member

[Feb 2, 2008]
    Maybe go to a different company?
  5. boggysv

boggysv Member

[Feb 3, 2008]
    I'll *might* need to do that after calling them up on monday again to see what they can offer. The first guy apologised, and did offer me a very competitive price on the S3 IF I could use my foreign ncb.

If not, I'll have to spend monday and tuesday to shop around for quotes again I'm afraid, and the quotes in my case usually come with four digits before the decimals.

Why wont anyone allow me to take up a high excess??? Let me take my own risks dammit!! </rant>
  6. SnAzBaZ

SnAzBaZ Member

[Feb 3, 2008]
    Try Elephant / Admiral / Bell and see what they can come up with.

I am currently insured on my S3 for a very good price with 0 NCB, I don't have any points / claims so that helps, I also have a "mature" additional driver. NCB is currently on another car which is going end of the month, so will transfer it onto the NCB and get an even better price!
  7. markwiggy

markwiggy Third Gear

[Feb 3, 2008]
    Early cars where all classed as 20TFSI , even on the registration document, took a while for them to actually realise the mistake.MY V5 originally said 20TFSI, when I put my private plate on, it came back as S3 TFSI Quattro

Mark
  8. CJP80

CJP80 987C

[Feb 3, 2008]
    I checked every insurer on the planet the cheapest "everyday" insurer was swiftcover. Adrian Flux was far cheaper than them, however.

I also know that swiftcover won't cover you if you're under 28. I was facing the proposition of having to get temporary cover for three weeks as swifcover were at least £350 cheaper than everyone else, but Adrian Flux saved the day and were £200 cheaper than swiftcover!
  9. newbiecrg

newbiecrg windsurfer

[Feb 3, 2008]
    My came on the registration document A3 S3 2.0 TFSI so I am on the clear on that one. I am insured with Norwich Union and they gave me an OK deal. The beauty of it is that they allowed me to used my 2 years NCB on both cars, as a loyalty bonus kind of thing. But still on the 4 digit premium...

In my case I tried everything from Audi insurance to Adrian Flux, etc, etc the best deal was with Norwich Union, maybe because my car is a UK spec left hand drive. Audi insurance wanted more than £5000 for it!!!!

Pedro
  10. boggysv

boggysv Member

[Feb 3, 2008]
    HOORAY!!! THEY WILL ACCEPT IT! saved me a lot of time making calls, and potentially quite a huge sum of money as well.

It's great that they will back up the offer made by the first guy. A+ !
  11. sat1983

sat1983 Member

[Feb 3, 2008]
    great news boggy.
  12. markwiggy

markwiggy Third Gear

[Feb 3, 2008]
    Excellent, how much in the end, just had my renewal through &#163;589.

Mark
  13. mister.c.

mister.c. Member

[Feb 3, 2008]
    Good to hear some good news! Hopefully the run will continue.
  14. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Feb 3, 2008]
    Ass lol.
  15. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Feb 3, 2008]
    BE AWARE: I just changed my insurer from Direct Line to Tesco. I went through the quote on the internet, entered my plate details and went through to pay for the cover. I double checked my insurance detail summary and the car was listed as : Audi 2.0T FSi Quattro, NOT Audi S3 2.0T FSi Quattro on some other sites. I had to select the appropriate field and change the default to change the car details and select the S3.
    If anything had happened accident wise and I hadn't changed the policy details I would have obviously been at fault. Please all be aware this was done using number plate so I expected it to be right. Check your online quotes very carefully before purchasing.
  16. boggysv

boggysv Member

[Feb 4, 2008]
    Screw insurance call centers! They called me up to say it wont work again!!!

I finally got myself insured by Keith Michaels, so that's one problem solved. The wallet feels much lighter now though :crying:

Although costly, it's nice to know you can speak to the same person throughout the purchase.

*incase you were wondering, the ass plate remains. The dealer didnt ring me up as requested:no: