S3 drivers age group

Ziggyma89

Reaction score
Just curious about what age group would most likely drive the new S3.
What type of person would drive an S3?.....

Jesus. 23 and driving an S3?

I'm 35

I'm 22. My first S3 however I was driving a 1.8 a3 prior.

Before I get asked. No my parents didn't pay for it :) haha. I was fortunate to land a very good job out of uni.

Reactions: kanecullen89, pat15312 and Ziggyma89
32 years... My 13th car in 12 years... I really really hope this would stand for years to come!!! :s

35. Fourth S3 since 2007 and last for quite a while.

32 years... My 13th car in 12 years... I really really hope this would stand for years to come!!! :s

Wow, must be an entirely different culture in the UK/Europe. I don't know anyone in Australia who turns over cars as quickly as you guys. When I buy a car I want it to last a good 10+ years! What happens to all the cars you get rid of?

If only cars appreciated in value like properties! ;-)

Reactions: SlightlyYapper
Wow, must be an entirely different culture in the UK/Europe. I don't know anyone in Australia who turns over cars as quickly as you guys. When I buy a car I want it to last a good 10+ years! What happens to all the cars you get rid of?

Not everyone changes every year, I will have had my V6 4 Motion for 13 years by the time the S3 arrives :D

Don't think it has anything to do with culture. It's just a way too expensive hobby of mine. When I get married and have children (very soon) it will be over and I hope it can start with my S3 soon... ;)

If only cars appreciated in value like properties! ;-)

One of ours has. She's worth at least 10x what we paid for her in 1981!!

As for age... catching up my IQ fast!

I'm 21+10 ;)

First S3 but have had loads of performance cars since I was 24 (first decent job)

Well I'm obviously an old man......my car comes in April..May and in the summer I celebrate the 10th Anniversary of my 40th birthday...Interested to know how on earth you youngsters afford insurance for a car like this....... S3Please no finger pointing from my side....no wife kids or mortgage.....hey go live and happy days....but seriously it can't be cheep.Enjoy enjoy enjoy

Just working hard. That's how I can manage it... But like they say: you only live once

Reactions: Ziggyma89
32 when my 8V S3 was delivered, now 33.

Would've loved to have been running around in one of these when I was 22-24! But don't think I was mature enough - reward points were a bit of an ongoing issue!

My second car was a Mk5 GTI and that was already well over £1k to insure at the time. This is my fourth car and insurance is now down to less than £200 so becomes irrelevant in comparison to cost of car.

Well I'm obviously an old man......my car comes in April..May and in the summer I celebrate the 10th Anniversary of my 40th birthday...Interested to know how on earth you youngsters afford insurance for a car like this....... S3Please no finger pointing from my side....no wife kids or mortgage.....hey go live and happy days....but seriously it can't be cheep.Enjoy enjoy enjoy

Insurance isn't to bad in Australia for young drivers. If you get your licence before / at 18 by the time you are in your early 20's the premiums are fairly low as-long as your traffic history and at-fault claim history is OK. I was paying a higher premium for my Holden / Chevy Cruze back at 19 years old than i'm paying for my s3 now.

I have to admit the no wife and no kids must help. However I do have a mortgage! I paid as much as I could for my car in cash to keep my finance repayments as low as possible. I'm paying just under $1,000 AUD per month.

Just graduated with a good job. No kids no mortgage. Hard work does pay off in the end :) YOLO!

Reactions: pat15312, Scott and Uknowwho
32 s3 sportback as need the extra doors for the family.

3rd car in 13 years as I like to keep cars for a while.

Eyeing up an S4 or SQ5 if we decide on baby 2.

One of ours has. She's worth at least 10x what we paid for her in 1981!!

As for age... catching up my IQ fast!

Huh?

I thought you were at least over the age of 27?

Reactions: cemerson and Ecosphere
Me?
Old enough to remember when the first Golf GTI was released.
Young enough that I can't get a bus pass!

I'm 28 thought I'd be one of the youngest, seems not

i remember being 19 and picking up the brand new mkiv gti turbo! great car that. chopped and changed a bit since; BM, Porsche, SL55, 2 x ferraris, another SL55 and now this S3.
Looking forward to this car though, should be a hoot.

Feeling a bit old ......I'm 39 but the wife says I act like a child and need to grow up!!!