S3 - Drive mode start in Dynamic / S

Timing advance ?

My P3 gauge and logging via OBD2 shows no change between modes ?

I notice minor differences but nothing that is eye popping TBH.

Get into the pedal even in D granny mode and the car will hold lower gears but it's only when the wife drives the S3 is it in D mode.

Sports manual and holding it in first and dropping into second at highesh revs = a nice amount of crackle and pop, if that excites you.

I'm more an engine noise kinda guy than what comes out the exhaust.

Reactions: pburv
Timing advance ?

My P3 gauge and logging via OBD2 shows no change between modes ?

I notice minor differences but nothing that is eye popping TBH.

Get into the pedal even in D granny mode and the car will hold lower gears but it's only when the wife drives the S3 is it in D mode.

Sports manual and holding it in first and dropping into second at highesh revs = a nice amount of crackle and pop, if that excites you.

I'm more an engine noise kinda guy than what comes out the exhaust.

What do you log with? Sample rate? This could affect what it reads.

I use VCDS in its 'Turbo' sample rate, and upon logging the timing between modes it made a difference, this was on 100 RON fuel at 16°C ambient. I'll get the logs for you when I'm back on my laptop.

In regards to the engine/exhaust note, I can concur with you, however our little 'tappy' 4 cylinders can't keep up with a 'true' engine note.

Reactions: Satory
Sport manual is the best way I like to drive the car. Get the pops, engine just sounds more meaty. Also get better response and can decide when to change gears rather than the box doing it!

Reactions: pburv and Audi Toby
After reading all this I'm a bit confused. Is there a difference between leaving the car in dynamic and going to S vs. cycling through all the modes to get back to dynamic? Thanks.

After reading all this I'm a bit confused. Is there a difference between leaving the car in dynamic and going to S vs. cycling through all the modes to get back to dynamic? Thanks.

No difference in to pressing down to S and scrolling to dynamic mode however if you scroll to dynamic then press down to normal drive mode it keeps certain things in dynamic such as noise seems meatier

Reactions: pburv
No difference in to pressing down to S and scrolling to dynamic mode however if you scroll to dynamic then press down to normal drive mode it keeps certain things in dynamic such as noise seems meatier
I've noticed sometimes the sound is 'meatier' when scrolling to dynamic compared to dropping down to S, that could just be in my head though.

I definitely notice the exhaust seems to get louder as I'm driving 'spirited'.

Reactions: j0nny2013