1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s3 door speakers - depth problem

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by A4Steve, Mar 3, 2003.

1. dunk

dunk Member

i have searched the forums and phoned a few dealers - but nobody seems sure -

i had a short list of repacement speakers - infinity kappa 50.5cs, alpine spr136a, kenwood kfc-psr51p, alpine spx137a possibly - as far as i can tell, the infinity and the kenwood will definately fit but will the other options - i quite fancy the alpine 136a only because i like the alpine 17cm coaxial that i put in the rear.

any definite knowledge here rather than maybe? i presume that deeper speakers may catch on something but then the question is what?
  2. james_suckling

james_suckling Member

Dunk,

I've just put Alpine speakers in my front doors. I'm afraid I don't know off the top of my head which model they are, however, I'll dig the box out tonight if you like.
  3. dunk

dunk Member

yes please - thank you
  4. A4Steve

A4Steve Guest

5. james_suckling

james_suckling Member

Dunk,

The Alpine speakers I've fitted are SXE13505. With adaptor ring bought from www.caraudiodirect.com they fit fine.

Enjoy!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  6. dunk

dunk Member

i've gone for the infinity kappa 50.5cs in the end - how do your 5000cs sound?