Scullies

Reaction score
Diy door blade wrap, carbon look.

Before & after
DSC03112Medium.jpg

Fitted ...
DSC03114Medium.jpg

Good job.

That looks quite interesting. What's it like from afar and have you tied it in with the grills?

I took the blades off a few days ago and washed them, was about 15 min to remove them.
It took about an hour and a half to wrap both sides and fit them back on the car.

I haven't done the front and rear bumper inserts yet, but I plan to. It might be a bit more difficult but will give it a go. Will post some pictures when this is done.

Thanks guys.

The blades are very easy to remove. The door piece has 4 screws on the inside of the door, 2 screws are covered with rubber grommets and make sure you use a magnetic screwdriver or these 2 screws will fall inside the door and require the door card to be removed to get to them. After removing the screws you will need to knock the blade towards the rear of the car. I used a rubber hammer, tap the blade on the front corner until it slides backwards. Gently though!

Rear blades just slide off, no screws here. Again you need to knock the blade FORWARD this time.

If you do drop the screws in the door, I would leave them there until you ready to fit the blade back, then remove the door card. It will be easier to get the screws in with the door card off and you only need to remove the door card once. Best thing to do is use a magnetic screwdriver, less hassle!!

Looks great and the magnetic screwdriver is a good idea ! I plan to take mine off soon to re-align them so this information helps ...

Martin

Glad to help Martin, but I can't take the credit. I read someones post of how to remove the blades and he mentioned a magnetic screwdriver. I don't have a magnetic one so door cards off for me :banghead:

+1 on the mag screwdriver lol.
Top job dude look great!!!

The front lower grill is now done.

BEFORE
DSC03115.jpg

DSC03116.jpg

DSC03117.jpg

AFTER WRAPPING
DSC03119.jpg

DSC03121.jpg

DSC03122.jpg

Also do you have to use a heat gun to manipulate the wrap?

I bought the wrap off Ebay
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

You will need a heat gun to get the wrap to sit nicely around corners. Its pretty durable stuff, heat it up, hold it in place untill it cools down and it pretty much stays in place.

Rear bumper insert will hopefully get done tomorrow.

Was this the first time you wrapped Scullies? Been meaning to do mine since damo's incredible effort. Did you find it fairly easy? Any tips?

Any pics of it all fitted? Looks brilliant, propper good job. I doubt I could do it as good.

How much did you need to do all the wrapping?

Yip, my first attempt at wrapping. The door blades were easy, the front grill is a bit more challenging. You need to be patient. I think the rear bumper will be easy as its all flat. Will need to remove the reverse sensors.

Some tips,
Always cut more than you need, you can always trim the excess off.
If you do the lower front grill, start on the top and work your way to the bottom, don't do the top then the bottom and then try the centre. The material won't be able to stretch that much and will start to tear in the corners when you heat it up.

I ordered 500mm X 2metre , but would suggest getting extra for trial and error.

Pics to follow once fitted.

Did a bit more wrapping,

Chrome grill carbon fibre wrapped
Before
DSC03124.jpg

After
DSC03125.jpg

DSC03127.jpg

Fitted to upper grill
DSC03128.jpg

DSC03129.jpg

DSC03130.jpg

Fitted to the car, picture is crappy as the car is in the basement and the flash was bouncing off the number plate.
Will get a decent picture up later on.
DSC03134.jpg

Last edited:
sorry to bring this thread up again but i have ordered the same vinyl to do my door blades and grill surround. Is the grill surround done with i piece of vinyl ? if so any tips please ?

Yeah, surround is done with one piece. Cut the middle out and make sure you leave extra as you can always trim it off later. You will need a heat gun to do the corners to get the wrap to stretch.
best advice I can give is start with the easy stuff so you get use to how the wrap takes shapes.

What if members cannot access a heat gun would a hair dryer do the same job albeit not as efficiently ?

I think a hair dryer on full blast will work as the I used the heat gun on the lowest setting and it only takes a few seconds for the wrap to become soft and flexible.