S3 Dash Warning light "1-MPH"??!!

jimbo_123

Reaction score
Hi all!
Just a quick question - well I hope it is!

On the way back from a long road trip yesterday I had a orange warning come up on the dash (where the radio station is displayed) saying..

"1 - MPH" by the way the MPH had circle around it.

I looked in the manual last night and it said "speed warning"! What the hell does this mean?! :uhm:
Does the car think I was going too fast or what??!!

Can anyone shed any light on this?

By the way the car is a late 2001 and not fitted with cruise control.

Cheers,
James.

i think its if you go over 70mph for a certain time it tells you how to get rid of it. think you gotta keep the button pressed or something.

You can set it up yourself, if you are driving and want to set it so that it tells you that you have reached a certain speed, you can get rid of it by turning the car on and off and it should all be ok then.

Cheers Nilz, I think thats the answer! I remember the 2 hour time marker coming up now and I twisted the reset stalk and I must have set the driving speed then....

Cheers again,
James.

Oh and if you get the 2hr blinking, if you go through the trip computer on your wiper stalk this will clear it, so you dont need to mess with the stalks on the dash, if you know what i mean....

Hope that helps.

yeah I found that when I the 2 hour warning came up... first off I thought what the hell was that!! being a red warning and all that then common sense prevailed and the ecu gives a 2 hour warning to take a break.
Yeah, click the end of the stalk and it cleared.

Cheers again mate!

No worries, red lights flashing on your dash always send you in a state of panic....lol...sometimes its not always bad though :)

there are 2 speed warnings:

1- which you set whilst driving i think you press the left nob on the cluster at a certain speed then when you go 5mph higher than that it will alert you. i guess this is one which you are ment to use regularly for local speed limits etc.

2- which you set when your not moving increments of 10mph (iirc) this means you dont have to get up to speed to set it, so you can set it to 90 to give a warning which i find handy

its all in the manual

Just found this out today whilst changing my clock settings back an hour.
Another Audi feature I never knew I had LOL >.<

My MPH2 was set at 130mph when I bought my car, scared the **** out of me first time I properly opened it up :laugh:

Reactions: michael A and Clart