1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 cruise control retro fit

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by wesley, Nov 23, 2009.

1. wesley

wesley Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Hi all, has anyone with on 07 plate retrofitted the cruise control,was going to order the parts today but Audi say i might need to change the Ecu!! Surely a car of this age has the ability to add cruise without a new ecu?? So if anyone has done this was it just swap the stalk and vcds it?
  2. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

I'm sure that since you have a FBMFSW your steering ECU will be ok. Audi were proably playing safe (or hoping to fleese you LOL)
  3. JeffY

JeffY Member

You should be OK, even my 56 reg S-line was fine.
  4. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

Wes check in 16 what part number you have mate, I'm 99.99999% sure yours is fine.
  5. mattandrew

mattandrew Member

Wes ive got both parts need to fit cruise in the shed, I just need to check with IGGU as he may want them, if not there yours. I fitted ut to mine with no issues. As nigel said what version is your steering wheel ECU. Do you have MFSW?
  6. shark_90

shark_90 Member

MFSW is not the kicker on an 8P. Cruise/trip computer go hand in hand, so if you have a trip computer (which you do, as it's an S3) then you're fine to just replace the stalk and cowling.

I wish Audi would learn some of the simplest things about their cars instead of trying to scare people off retrofits.