1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Converion questions!!!!?????

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by crazychris, Oct 16, 2010.

1. crazychris

crazychris Member

[Oct 16, 2010]
    hi i have jsut bought a 1.8t sport but am after changing a few things im wanting to put s3 bumpers on and will i need side skirts to make it look right also if i put 18" alloys on will it need lowering so it doesnt look like a flamin 4x4, also if it does will s3 springs lower it as i am wanting better handling but i dont want to loose the ride comfort any suggestions guys n girls

many thanks chris
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. quattro1

quattro1 Member

[Oct 16, 2010]
    skirts arent a must, ive got s3 front and rear bumpers on mine and it looks good, it wont look high with 18's it will look alright - even better with 30mm lowering springs, dont bother getting s3 springs you'll be wasting your money
  4. crazychris

crazychris Member

[Oct 17, 2010]
    o right wicked, i dont wanna ruin the car i love it so i thought a nice s3 kit leave the 1.8t badges on though, will 18s just have the same arch clearance it has now also what size tyres should i run, and how come id be wasting money will a descent set of springs do the job or do i need the full shebang
  5. crazychris

crazychris Member

6. Dane

Dane Faster than a V12 Q7

7. crazychris

crazychris Member

[Oct 27, 2010]
    cheers dane now i can get started just need to figure how to reprogramme my central locking now using vcds
  8. quattro1

quattro1 Member

[Oct 27, 2010]
    because s3 springs wont fit as its fwd anyway, just get some a3 lowering springs and you'll be sorted mate!
  9. crazychris

crazychris Member

[Oct 28, 2010]
    Cheers lads muchly appreciated I love this forum lol, need to get some parts ordered me thinks, now to just work out how to get vcds to reprogramme my central locking remote and jd lol