S3: Considering a "different" look, please help me decide!

Dennis Moeller

Reaction score
Howdy folks...

Have a friend who runs a print business. They print a lot of decor on 3M film. I played with this idea to put some decor on my S3...just for hell of it. Don't like - it'll go off. Opinions are priceless when I need to decide which kind of decor that's going on the car...

FEEL FREE to comment in any which way you want to. It will help me choose regardless of the design beeing sacked by you lot...

First design, color can be varied...(ignore the bad 'Chop):

DSC_0057copy.jpg

Please don't. I like the S3 for it's discrete looks.

Last thing I want is for it to be associated with back-to-front baseball caps!!

Cheers,

no not keen on that either. "subtle" is definatetly the way it should be in my opinion for the s3

Hum, I was thinking of getting a sticker printed! I wanted a very small one to go in the bottom corner of my rear window saying "Audi, saying no to vtec since 1910"

I decided against it in the end as i thought it was too 'chavvy'! I think you should do the same, keep it nice and subtle!

yup subtle is the way to go, certain cars fit this bill...the 'S3' isnt one of them

Actually I am quite keen to see a finished product, don't like the idea of a solid bar across the bottom, as the sleekness of car is then killed off. I rekon light coloured outline, something in a light grey but not in a straight line, you need to find a route from the front to the back, and still manage to follow the curve of the car, think driving through mist and it swirling all over the place. Course if it looks sh1t, I will be the first one begging you to tear it off!!!!:beerchug:

Hehe...knew that it wouldn't be easy to convince you guys. Hell I'm not convinced myself, hence this thread.
Yeah had something like the Porsche GT3 in mind. I once saw a picture of an orange S3 in that GT3 color and with stickers along the side and also black wheels. Somehow it got stuck in my head...

I'm also pro the subtle look on cars, definately. It works on most cars. BUT if done well, graphics/film can enhance certain things and several cars have won me partially over during the years. I'm certain that I will paint the wheels (winter) in a two tone color. One color must match eventual film and the other color will be gunmetal or flat black.

This photochop isn't final, by far. I will put some real effort in it and see if something grows out of it. As I mentioned, my friend has this company and I will only pay for the materials so it'll cost me next to nothing to try something out.

Please come up with any suggestions if you could, let's say you HAD to pun on some film...what would you do? :moa:

Dave, why not get some OZ stickers, Samco, Jetex and Goodyear stickers..... then put them on top of each other just below your wing mirrors... jap style:scared2:

na honestly mate, know exactly what you mean just cant think what would look subtely good

Someone has beat you to it on that exact scheme.

I saw pictures on this forum I think it was of a black S3 with the GT3RS style stickering and colour scheme.

In my opinion it looked REALLY good.

I saw pictures on this forum I think it was of a black S3 with the GT3RS style stickering and colour scheme.

Yeah someone beat me to it...often goes that way! Did a search, is this the one you meant:

DSC00843.jpg

DSC00844.jpg

I really like it. It's being flashy without screaming too loud. It looks faster due to the horizontal line and the italic font. It's refering to it's awesome and much faster uncle :)

Don't know if it'll work with a black car. Did a 'chop where I painted my car matt grey and with yellow stickers and wheels...looked pretty good on picture at least...will post it later, needs some more work.

Hell I'm really biased. Just want a car that sticks out a little and at the same time not being related to jap cars (nothing wrong with them - I just LOOOVE Audi's), Chav tuners or sponsored cars with tonnes of stickers from companies that gave 15% discount if you put on their logoes...

Yeah I saw that one, it does look awesome.

The black with orange may have been on a car going to the 'ring as I seen to remember the pics being of it in Nurburg.

Either way, I think the concept is a good one, and it does conjour up images of Porsches.

your pic at the top looks awful sorry Dennis but as soon as I saw it I thought it was a rip of the Wörthersee orange S3.
lighter shade of black might work but it has to be subtle,okay the orange one isn't but the cars orange anyway so it goes with the theme.
whats that badge on your 'B' pillar?

Dennis what's wrong with this?

DSC_0011-2.jpg

This looks mint :)

Thanks Mate...notting wrong with it, I might keep it that way...Deffo gonna play a little with the winter wheels and paint them two tone, black/Gun and orange or black/gun and white or white/balck...it's difficult!

your pic at the top looks awful sorry Dennis but as soon as I saw it I thought it was a rip of the Wörthersee orange S3.
lighter shade of black might work but it has to be subtle,okay the orange one isn't but the cars orange anyway so it goes with the theme.
whats that badge on your 'B' pillar?

Get your point there...The 'chop is awful and could not justify my idea (i'm also thinking in different lines now since the top pic is merely a ripoff of the W'see S3) The W'see S3 is top notch if you ask me. Really like that theme.

The badge on the b pillar is from the dealer in italy. Problably was put on when delivered new...it say's MiraMar Audi or something...needs to go, just a dash of some grease dissolver will do the trick...

I reckon you need Black center's with Orange lip on the alloys to complete the look Dennis, or maybe even keep the Orange center's and have a black lip. :cool:

Less of that Jase, I have a badge there on mine. :moa:

I will have a go at it tonite...off to a meeting at work now...

I'd have to agree...

Both the orange/black and black/orange would work.

Not a fan of the wheels on the orange one in the pics though...and it's too low. But the idea works for me.

Id put it on, then peel it off, put it across my mouth, and nose, then hang myself in the toilet like matey from INXS.

To me any aftermarket graphics are only usefull for asphixiwanks.

Wow you must hate graphics then :respekt: Fair enough!

I'm not really friends with photoshop tonite...will have to give it a really go before I throw up another 'chop...

Id put it on, then peel it off, put it across my mouth, and nose, then hang myself in the toilet like matey from INXS.

To me any aftermarket graphics are only usefull for asphixiwanks.

Ha ha ha, I agree!

You want some graphics like this

Chav_car.jpeg

IF you've got the go behind the show.

Stickers for the win!

img1802v.jpg

I cant actually see that picture because Vodafone Mobile Broadband deem it offensive or sexual for some bizzare reason. So my whitty response is somewhat 'off boost'.

Unless that S3 is housing an engine from a 911 GT3 RS with a chassis thats capable of dealing with it and a totally stripped interor with no dash, in my books, it wont have the full go to support the show. Its like a midget with a 12".... sub (Lets face it, how can they fit a footlong Italian BMT in their stomach? If there are any midgets offended by that... Grow Up!)

However, it is probably from Germany or Belguim and thier more nutty that my poo after eating my 3 packs of peanuts for £1.50 from Asda, so Im probably gonna be humbled into realising this reply was poinless. But Im bored.

And that GLC Chavalier is sound claaaaart! Makes me want to go smoke some soapbar in my trakkies.

Audi S3, the only way to travel, We do it in style, Just like Jimmy Saville

Safe as ****