S3 coilovers

1an

Reaction score
Hi there,

been looking into coilovers for the S3, looked and have found multiple sets avaliable i dont wanan use jamex or any of the cheap brands as had these on my mk3 golf and they were ok ish,#

they need to be height and dampning adjustable, looked at D2 racing coilovers, K-sport coilovers and Spax does anyone have any recomendations or had use of any of the above?

cheers ian

Couple of questions... why coilovers and why damping adjustable?

I had Spax coilovers (RSX) on A4 which were adjustable, main reason I went spax is because I had used them before on previous cars and thought the adjustable damping would be useful but tbh I just set it the once and that was it... They were ok but had the damping backed off quite a bit to stop them from being too crashy and ended up winding the ride hieght up a little every year as I found yet another crappy bit of Gloucestershire road to drive on...

If you are after better handling, decent ride etc then Bilstien B8's and H&R springs are the favourites... going too low on coilovers with an S3 is not generally recommended (Que A3Tom and his 40mm dropped A3) ;P

IMO of course...

<tuffty/>

Agreed the prev owner of mine lowered and stiffened mine to much.... bad Drills

You after a drop or handling ?

willing to spend what is required to improve the handling and lower it,

adjustable dampning i want so can adjust it when use the car on track etc.

im only going by what i know of coilovers from other cars ive had. i.e i have gaz coilovers on my other car. i want to loose the arch gap alround but yet want to keep[ a decent ride quality aswell not bothered about it being stiffer than it is.