S3 clutch questions

jcb

Reaction score
anyone got any? any pics of an A3 clutch by comparison would be great also.
when changing an S3 clutch what parts do you normally change with it (slave cylinder, release bearings etc)?

cheers

no one has seen or replaced an S3 clutch? find that hard to believe

You need to change the clutch itself and the slave cylinder, which contains the release bearings. You may also need to change the flywheel but you won't be able to tell that until you've got the clutch off.

cool, any idea on the size of the clutch disc on a OEM S3?

I got few pics from when i changed my S3 clutch if you would like them?

yes please, ETKA says it is a 225mm cluthc which my supplier isn't sure about. seems small.....

Whats your email address and i'll send you what i have? I'll measure my spare clutch when i'm in the garage again tonight as well.

any luck with the clutch pics? sent you a PM
anyone else know what suze they are?

Hi I have a further question or two to add. I take it the clutch on an early S3 (99) is a standard unit and not dual mass clutch. am I correct?
The other question is what about the flywheel is the fly a dual mass unit, i hear they can fail and it is this that i am worried about. Can anybody tell me what kind of flywheel I have on an early S3, standard or dual mass? If it's dual I fear I will need one due to the noise coming from that area. If it is dual - any idea where I can get one cheap??
Cheers

just removed my box today, its not a job you want to do with out the aid of a workshop and ramp. and yes the early ones are dual mass,
which is a right pain as i need to change mine, anyone no where i can get a dual mass flywheel before next saturady other than the steelers its £445+ vat to me at trade aaahhhhhhhhhh

GSF.

Not listed under the A3 but the part number is , R-415011110.

£238 +Vat.

They are in stock and on free next day delivery.

Cheapest i found by far and made by LUK, OEM quality i am told!

James

ok nice one is that definantly the 240mm s3 flywheel im trying to find it now on there website,

Yeah im sure it is, just search by part number to be sure.

Worth giving them a call just to be 100%, but it is listed for the S3 and TT.

im finding it hard to find on there site but theres a dealer only 10 miles from me so ill probably ring them monday

on the main page click the audi link on the left, then put the part number in the top box.

yeah found it now cheers for the help shame it dosent give much of a description on the flywheel to tell you the dimension's etc

Yeh is a shame there descriptions are a bit brief. But i was told that was definatly the one for the S3.

Good luck with it all!

cheers mate yeah im conferdent its for s3 to as ive seen a luk one on a american site for the tt stating it as a 240mm, cheers for all the help

Yeh is a shame there descriptions are a bit brief. But i was told that was definatly the one for the S3.

Good luck with it all!
rang up and got the flywheel today they had it in stock and they delivered it to me this afternoon, bonus, they assured its for my apy s3 however i havent got it out the box yet was to busy will find out tommorow maybe, cheers again

Nice one! I believe i am having the same item fitted to my car friday!

Good luck with it all.

James