S3 clutch pedal to the floor !!!!!

Grant-s3

Nogaro Blue
Reaction score
Right so it's finally happened. Clutch pedal to the floor and snap, the little end cap plastic part snapped off. I know the process to fix, get a new end cap, weld the bit back on and reassemble. Only problem is the metal housing part is missing, I think the AA man picked it up after saying he could fix it when I clearly told him the problem lol. So not up for buying a new pedal etc. is it possible to bypass the plastic clip at the end and just weld a brace/end cap on? To hold the white pivot peice the slave rod connects onto? What's every ones thoughts to that? Being a panel beater I just have an urge to fix/improve things to stop them from going again.

If you still have the white clip then you can just weld more material over the end of the bracket to stop the white plug pushing through....make sure you trial fit the plug afterwards to ensure it snaps in place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grant-s3
Perfect mate. I will go get the pedal off now and warm up the welder. I will get some pictures off the process and stick them on tonight. Cheers

a new pedal with both plastic bits is less then £40 all in.

Right welding is done, smeared a nice bit of chemical metal around it to smooth it out so there is no sharp edges etc. looking and feeling very strong now. Only problem is the spring, it fell off while taking the pedal off, should I put a cable tie through it and slightly compress it so it slots back in, then cut the cable tie releasing it back into the groove? Any other ideas?

That's the way I did it . Compressed the spring with a cable tie or two . Then cut them away afterwards .

Brilliant mate thanks, that's what I thought so its good to know others would do the same.

There is a post in here showing u have to do the job start to finish . With another way of holding the spring in place . Think it's in the stickies .

Right welding is done, smeared a nice bit of chemical metal around it to smooth it out so there is no sharp edges etc. looking and feeling very strong now. Only problem is the spring, it fell off while taking the pedal off, should I put a cable tie through it and slightly compress it so it slots back in, then cut the cable tie releasing it back into the groove? Any other ideas?

No cable ties needed, just read this......Replacing Broken Clutch Pedal - How to Guide (with pics)