1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 cluster problem

j2ono Nov 15, 2011

1. j2ono

j2ono New Member

Hy guys im new to the forum but have come across my first problem

ive got a 03 a3, the last owner added a couple of s3 bits and some how managed to get the cluster pod to work with a 2.0 tdi.

These last couple of weeks, after a drive the red steering wheel light pops up and power steering is gone.

Ive just got it back from audi and they say its a mk 1 steering rack with mk 2 cluster pod so theres no way to fix it without reverting to an old cluster/

Just wondered if anyone had come across this and anything else anyone can think of with out going back?

Anyone in the east kent area with good vagcom knowledgE?

cheers in advance for your time

Jon

2. j2ono

j2ono New Member

just thought of a couple of bits that might help,. i bought one of them tdi tuning boxes, but then was very happy with it, removed and then went to start the car, the rnse asked for the code?

didnt think this was normal but put the code in and then a few days later the steering problem, so maybe this tripped something that was programmed fine?

cheers

3. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

A scan would help, see what it says exactly. I take it your car is a 8P on a 2003 and not an 8L on a 2003 as you say you also have RNS-E? Unless this is what they mean by Mk1 & MK2.

4. j2ono

j2ono New Member

well im struggling to work this out although the cassie number has an 8P in it after the first few, and they said on a 04 shell so must be an 8p.

The S3 bits are my08 parts so...

5. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

odd, my a3 is a 53 plate and I have a 2009 white led cluster in it & I have no problems at all.