1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Centre Arm Rest

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by chrsbkr5, Jan 6, 2004.

1. chrsbkr5

chrsbkr5 New Member

Does anyone know how to take the centre arm rest apart ? I had my car broken into over Xmas and they wrenched the arm rest up breaking the release mechanism so now it is stuck in the up position. If I can get it apart then I may be able to do a temp fix until I can get the car booked in.

Thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. chrsbkr5

chrsbkr5 New Member

Thanks Chaps

I will have a look later and let you know what I find. I didn't want to just start taking things apart.

4. s3tle

s3tle Member

5. ADP

ADP Member

Sorry to drag this one up - but I too have the same problem - does anyone have a working link on how to do this?

Most annoying the arm rest is locked up, have removed arm rest from car ok, but after that...........

6. Defratos

Defratos YouÂ’re Dethpicable!!

Hey there dude, if your armrest is stuck in the upright position i.e. the button mechanism has broken then have a look at my site, I have a lil instruction thing for a DIY fix up. Hope it helps:

http://00626e1.netsolhost.com/formoshun/s3/Armrest.htm

7. ADP

ADP Member

top man, thanks

8. StrmsekS3

StrmsekS3 Member

Well Thanks for that just saved me having too post this very question!! i actually took off the washers holding the rest on the shaft and managed too get mine down!! but was frightend was gonna break it. everytime i put it up again its stuck! how does it unbolt from car??
    its a niggling problem! Hopefully your solution will fix it
    Cheers