S3 Central Locking stopped working

sportquattro

Reaction score
Hi folks, have tried the seach facility but no joy. Parked car last night and locked it on the remote as normal. Went to use it today, it wouldn't unlock from the remote, tried other remote which is brand new and same problem. Car unlocks with key fine. I can hear the pump working, but no lock/unlock. Any suggestions guys? I have run VAG-COM and no codes showing, all fuses checked and OK.

If it helps amyone with a suggestion, the indicators flash on the remote lock/unlock but nothing actually unlocks or locks, if I use the key I can unlock the car and it starts OK so the immobiliser must therefore be disarmed, all fuses are OK will be taking it to Audi on Monday if now suggestions as it's a real pain having to remember to lock it with a key.

Thanks in advance

Nige

Have you checked the central locking pump? It may well be working but one of the air lines might have snapped or come loose etc? Its tucked away down by the sub in the boot.

Just back from Plymouth Audi who have diagnosed the problem as being the pump, new one being fitted tomorrow quoted £535.76 fitted but not overly bothered as I have aftermarket warrantee that will cover it less the £50 excess - will post update once fixed hopefully.

you can buy a recon kit for 38 pounds off ebay all it is are the graff parts in side have broken down i bet

you can buy a recon kit for 38 pounds off ebay all it is are the graff parts in side have broken down i bet

To be honest for the sake of the £50 excess on the warrantee is rather have a new pump than pratt about trying to rebuild the old pump with an ebay repair kit. But thanks for the tip anyways.