1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Calipers - Straight swop or Adaptors needed? Advice please guys

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Ash B, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Haha Paolo you know me too well now lol. The brakes are starting to do my heading just under my bed gather dust and taking up room.

2. jungleman

jungleman Well-Known Member

haha i just know what you are going through wanting to get the brakes sorted
    finally got mine skimmed today, made such a difference! just got to be gentile with them for a while :(

3. Cyrix

Cyrix Member

Hub is from a bog standard FWD 2006 8P A3.

Even the splash guards don't look that far out to be honest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. heeman10

heeman10 Audi driver since Dec 08

LOL I'm glad I decided to drop in on this thread! You joker! :D

We all know that lots have people have fitted S3 brakes to their standard A3's, I'm sorry to announce, but loving the pics anyway! ;)

My S3 caliper bolted on fine, and my disc fitted on the hub fine, but the two wouldn't fit together. I could get one caliper bolt in, but swinging it downwards to fit the second bolt, it was coming into contact with the disc, preventing me from fitting the second caliper bolt. The next time I have the time and space to get the car up, wheel off and caliper/disc off, I will try again. I didn't have the time to hang around and investigate fully last time, as I was using a bodyshop's workshop. I have said before that I'm willing to accept that I did something wrong - it was a few months ago after all, and I can't remember the details. I just remember that the disc was hitting the inside of my caliper, stopping me from getting that second bolt in!

5. Cyrix

Cyrix Member

I try my best :p

I do think him buying the S3 hubs is a bit of a waste of cash though when drilling a few holes in a splash guard would suffice.

6. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

7. cata_adc

cata_adc Member

8. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Good to hear fella. Dont worry it wont be too long till you can have your fun lol. Hopefully i can get them sorted before BKKM.

LOL cant fault you:laugh::happy:

I'll order the splash guards tomorrow and get my uncle to do them next week will let you know how i get on.
    Going to sound like a stupid question but do i have to use the S3 carriers i got?:think::laugh:

:lmfao:

haha would love them. My car not even worth that lol

Cant really be bothered to buy another set would have to try sell these first and wait till i get paid.
    They are nice mind

9. warrenlord

warrenlord Member

Bump this one up. so s3 carriers and calipers fit on a standard front hub ? need help on this one.