1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 calipers - cleaning advice?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by AL_B, Aug 13, 2008.

1. AL_B

AL_B Active Member

[Aug 13, 2008]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 21, 2014]

3. L60N

L60N Guest

[Aug 13, 2008]
    Due to the spokage its always gonna be a bit difficult without taking the wheel off.

If you want to clean them i'd go for some kind of degreaser with a purpose made wheel brush, a good one is available on the ploished bliss website. If you dont want to remove the wheel then you'll just have to roll the car forward to get to each section.

hope this helps.. a little?
  4. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

[Aug 13, 2008]
    With my wheels I can get to them, just sponge them off, mine come up really clean..

I would say take the wheel off if you want them super clean! :D

Jonny
  5. jamiekip

jamiekip Guest

[Aug 13, 2008]
    Every 6 months I get the wheels off my car to give the inside a good clean and seal with poorboys wheel seal. Do the calipars then too.
    It's a bit of a long job, but worth it in my opinion!
  6. AL_B

AL_B Active Member

[Aug 13, 2008]
    Thanks guys.

Yeah, I have a soft wheel brush. I also have Bilberry as a wheel cleaner fluid, and also some Virosol as a degreaser. Not used the Virosol as I think it dulls the surface of whatever you use it on. (tried it on the missus golf)

I'm just wondering whether the Bilberry may have dulled the surface of the calipers? I obviously give everything a good rinse afterwards.

Looks like I'll have to take the wheels off to get them sparkling again though.

Cheers

AL