1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Buying Advice

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Oreo5000, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Oreo5000

Oreo5000 Member

Hi Guys,

Just wanted your advice on this listing:
    2008 AUDI S3 S3 Quattro 3dr Hatchback

It's had a full inspection at Audi and just had a new steering rack and wheel alignment done.

What I cant figure out is why it's so cheap for the age/spec/mileage I thought it would much more.

I ran an HPI check and there are no problems, other than it says there are four previous owners, I did notice plate changes within a month at one point which seems a little strange.

What do you guys think?

It seems like a real steal and plus the added bonus of a recent full audi inspection is something that I'm not going to get with most other used cars Im guessing.

Thanks in advance, appreciate the help
  2. crunchie

crunchie Member

Its not overly cheap I wouldn't say. Any more and your almost in 8P3 money.
  3. 3.2 Ju

3.2 Ju Well-Known Member

Sounds cheap and well spec'd to me, I paid 18k for my 08 S3 from Audi just over 2 months ago, although I agree I paid amost 8P3 money for mine but I wanted the main dealer warranty etc.
  4. foofoo

foofoo New Member

Sounds like a good price to me for the spec. Give it a test drive and if you still like it buy it!
  5. Oreo5000

Oreo5000 Member

Thanks guys.
    Any ideas why you would change the reg number within the space of a month? None of them are private plates either
  6. 5ean

5ean S3 Owner

Do a HPI on the previous plate.. Might show up something then.
  7. Oreo5000

Oreo5000 Member

Good idea! Would you recommend doing it on the plate it was quickly changed to or the original plate?
  8. JtotheD

JtotheD Events Moderator

how can you tell they're not private plates? can u match up the plate changes to the ownership changes? and another suggestion would be that it might have been a nothern ireland registered car and then registered over here which would explain a change to a 'normal' number plate?
  9. durtytdi140

durtytdi140 Member

get an a3 2.0 tdi 170 quattro and remap stage 1 with silicone boost hoses and u will love it and u will pump more torque than an s3 :) and have all the grip with the quattro system
  10. nealjohns

nealjohns Member

im selling my 07 s3 with same spec in phantom black with 45 miles for 15k.just to give u an indication :)
  11. Oreo5000

Oreo5000 Member

Thanks for the responses guys!

I just had a few other questions which I may as well ask here without starting a new thread, if anyone could help me:

1) When you open the glove compartment does it slowly open, fall open or is it stiff and will stay in any position you put it?
    2) Is there a cradle for the phone compartment in the armrest that will fit and charge my iPhone 4?
    3) The car I'm looking at states it has a Bose stereo and the head unit has been upgraded to a RNS-E, I was curious as to whther or not there were various Bose systems and if so how do I check which one this has (I know it also has a 6 disc changer and iPod connection if that makes any difference?)

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  12. foofoo

foofoo New Member

Hi Oreo5000

My glove compartment opens slowly(does not fall open) but not does not stay in any position.

Is you RNS-E bluetooth enabled?, if so use that to connect your phone. My car has GSM phone prep in the armrest but would need a new adapter for my Samsung galaxy s2. The bluetooth is great.

I think there is only one Bose system( I could be wrong) the speaker in the doors will have Bose written on them.

Phil
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  13. Oreo5000

Oreo5000 Member

Thanks Foo,
    Yes it is bluetooth enabled, I would just like the ability to charge the phone too!