1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Buyers Guide

chrisdicka Sep 16, 2009

1. chrisdicka

chrisdicka New Member

Hi all,

Ive been looking at buying a new or nearly new S3. I noticed on the Audi configurator that they only give the two options 1) Front wheel drive???? and 2) Quattro steptronic. I though all the S3's were quattro's ????

Also, is the boot space more restricted on the S3 compared to a normal FWD A3?

Cheers in advance.

2. Wai-Fan

Wai-Fan Member

Think the FWD option is a mistake on the configurator, S3's do indeed all come with quattro. I've looked around a few S3's and the quatto system does take up slightly bit more space, so the boot is a bit a shallower but still useable and not too bad depending on what you want to load into it. Also passengers may get a bit less headroom at the back, but not too sure as I haven't sat in the back.

But as I don't own an S3 I can't really say much more.

3. slim40

slim40 Member

As Wai-Fan says, all S3's have the Quattro system. The boot is slightly shallower than a standard FWD A3 due to the rear diff, but I'm not sure how much is lost- 3-4" at a guess. It's good for putting heavy stuff in though, as the floor is higher!
    As far as I know, the rear headroom isn't affected, but don't quote me on that.

cheers
    Slim

4. kkp0897

kkp0897 Active Member