S3 Buyers Guide

QuickNick

Reaction score
Hello all
I'm looking at buying an (8P Chassis) S3 and I was wondering if there is any problems or issues that I should be looking out for when looking for one. Spec. I'm after would include: Nav plus, Bose, MFFB steering wheel and armrest
Cheers in advance

Can't say I am aware of any problems or any that anyone else has experienced. I did have a oxygen sensor failure but that can happen to any vehicle I suppose.

Happy hunting !!

Mark

QuickNick said:
Hello all
I'm looking at buying an (8P Chassis) S3 and I was wondering if there is any problems or issues that I should be looking out for when looking for one. Spec. I'm after would include: Nav plus, Bose, MFFB steering wheel and armrest
Cheers in advance

The DVD sat nav at over £2k just isn't worth it IMHO, especially as you can get basically the same system spec'd on an A4 for £500.

Tomtom's are far better at a fraction of the cost.

IMO musts would be GSM phone prep, MFSW, Nav+, BOSE, 6 disc cd-changer and adaptive xenons.. :)

Recaros aren't everyone's bag.. try them and see.

Just my 2ps worth..

-Sal-

siu00adg said:
The DVD sat nav at over £2k just isn't worth it IMHO, especially as you can get basically the same system spec'd on an A4 for £500.

Yeah i agree, the satnav is too expensive at over £2k. You can retrofit the RNS-E for about £600 :icon_thumright:

Cheers guys, thanks for the advice. I was thinking that if I couldn't get a car with RNS-E, then I'd get a unit off ebay. The only dilemma now is colour!
Was about to buy a Phantom Black one, but that went the day after it came into the dealership! :( I quite like Ibis White too though - decisions decisions!

QuickNick said:
Cheers guys, thanks for the advice. I was thinking that if I couldn't get a car with RNS-E, then I'd get a unit off ebay. The only dilemma now is colour!
Was about to buy a Phantom Black one, but that went the day after it came into the dealership! :( I quite like Ibis White too though - decisions decisions!

Get white! You know you want to :)

Nice white one with loads of extras and black optics grill at Sunderland Audi (Wearside)

siu00adg said:

I have to say I strongly disagree with that, altho it is expensive, a tomtom doesnt even come close, and the added functionality of 8gig of MP3 music on SD cards saves a lot of ipod/CD messing about, retro fit one or splash out on it, you wont regret it

klauster said:
I have to say I strongly disagree with that, altho it is expensive, a tomtom doesnt even come close, and the added functionality of 8gig of MP3 music on SD cards saves a lot of ipod/CD messing about, retro fit one or splash out on it, you wont regret it

I agree. I was going to go down the iPod route until I found out that you can't access music that easily, unless you create playlists mimicing CD's and I can't be bothered with that.
Not bothered if the car has RNS-E already as will retro fit if not and to be honest, all I really want the RNS-E for is to play MP3's - doubt I'd use the Sat Nav. I already have the SD cards from an old camera, so I'll just put MP3's on them. I've read in other threads that the RNS-E can be fussy with SD cards - is this true?