1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Buyers Guide

QuickNick Aug 3, 2007

1. QuickNick

QuickNick Member

Hello all
    I'm looking at buying an (8P Chassis) S3 and I was wondering if there is any problems or issues that I should be looking out for when looking for one. Spec. I'm after would include: Nav plus, Bose, MFFB steering wheel and armrest
    Cheers in advance

2. markwiggy

markwiggy Third Gear

Can't say I am aware of any problems or any that anyone else has experienced. I did have a oxygen sensor failure but that can happen to any vehicle I suppose.

Happy hunting !!

Mark

3. siu00adg

siu00adg Member

The DVD sat nav at over £2k just isn't worth it IMHO, especially as you can get basically the same system spec'd on an A4 for £500.

Tomtom's are far better at a fraction of the cost.

4. sjahS3

sjahS3 Member

IMO musts would be GSM phone prep, MFSW, Nav+, BOSE, 6 disc cd-changer and adaptive xenons.. :)

Recaros aren't everyone's bag.. try them and see.

Just my 2ps worth..

-Sal-

5. IH786

IH786 Member

Yeah i agree, the satnav is too expensive at over £2k. You can retrofit the RNS-E for about £600 :icon_thumright:

6. mitch78

mitch78 Active Member

:thumbsup:

7. QuickNick

QuickNick Member

Cheers guys, thanks for the advice. I was thinking that if I couldn't get a car with RNS-E, then I'd get a unit off ebay. The only dilemma now is colour!
    Was about to buy a Phantom Black one, but that went the day after it came into the dealership! :( I quite like Ibis White too though - decisions decisions!

8. IH786

IH786 Member

Get white! You know you want to :)

9. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

Nice white one with loads of extras and black optics grill at Sunderland Audi (Wearside)

10. klauster

klauster Well-Known Member

I have to say I strongly disagree with that, altho it is expensive, a tomtom doesnt even come close, and the added functionality of 8gig of MP3 music on SD cards saves a lot of ipod/CD messing about, retro fit one or splash out on it, you wont regret it

11. QuickNick

QuickNick Member

I agree. I was going to go down the iPod route until I found out that you can't access music that easily, unless you create playlists mimicing CD's and I can't be bothered with that.
    Not bothered if the car has RNS-E already as will retro fit if not and to be honest, all I really want the RNS-E for is to play MP3's - doubt I'd use the Sat Nav. I already have the SD cards from an old camera, so I'll just put MP3's on them. I've read in other threads that the RNS-E can be fussy with SD cards - is this true?