1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Button placement

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Gavin0478, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Gavin0478

Gavin0478 Active Member

[Dec 4, 2011]
    Hi there im looking to replace my a6 and am pretty settled on an s3 sportback.
    im just trying to research some of the factory option button placement so i can scan the pics and narrow cars down quicker.
    im looking at about year old...... may stretch to new but will see how my hunt goes.
    id prefer mag ride buckets and p/sensors front if poss and phone... oh and dsg... the rest is less important

i have noticed their is a button behing the cig lighter.........
    What buttons are under the rnse. i know one is the abs/esp button the rest are?????

it would be so easier if i could have found an online manual.
    cheers gav
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. Ben H

Ben H On a journey...

[Dec 4, 2011]
    S3's from Model Year 2011 (June 2010) onwards got the Technology Pack as standard, which gets you RNS-E2 sat nav and Bluetooth. DSG seems to be relatively popular as do rear parking sensors, but buckets are very rare.

The row of buttons below the head unit contains the warning lights and traction control at a minimum (I think), but could also include the adaptive damper switch (another very rare option). Usually, most cars have at least three empty button slots - which can be converted into a coin tray or drink holder with the right kit.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  4. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

[Dec 4, 2011]
    Auto garage open.
  5. Gavin0478

Gavin0478 Active Member

[Dec 4, 2011]
    so far from left to right accross the range it goes. start stop, abs/esr, pass airbag, hazzard, (tire press??), front parking then nowt for last.
    and nest to the cig lighter is either mag dampers or soft top i think.
  6. fangio

fangio Well-Known Member

7. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Dec 5, 2011]
    2010 onwards removed the card tray & cant be retrofitted as its a fixed row of buttons, not removable unless you remove & swap for 09 versions, but the connectors are also different, can be done but not a straight swap.

Also buttons are dependent on whats fitted to the car, so could be 2-3 buttons of use & rest as blanks.