S3 Bucket seats

Rick Draper

Reaction score
Do people think the S3 bucket seats are worth it when specing a new S3? How do they wear etc?

get them! biggest regret of my life, literally! they wear as bas as u treat them!

Plenty of posts on here regarding the buckets. General opinion is spec them and like S3RYE stated.......wear depends on how you look after them and how big a person you are. They are quite narrow fitting so I would suggest trying some before you spend the money.

Will be hard to try them as none of the dealers round here have many S3's in and the ones they do just have the same seats in as my S-Line.

Spec them if you decide you cant live with them you' have people knocking on your door to swap for normal front seats plus cash

If you can afford the extra outlay,get them.

The resale does seem to be affected by it,and everyone who has them wouldn't have anything else.

I am very glad I did when I bought mine.

The best option by far and the one that lifts the S3 interior above any of the other A3 models, it makes the car feel very, very special inside.

Worth every penny and extremely comfortable.

they are comfy and heated too only thing is the bolsters touch when you put the seat forward to let people in the back creasing the leather up . And the seat doesn't move forward automatically when you open the back you have to do that manually, bit of a pain but worth it IMO.

As has been said even if you don't want them spec them and sell them for more than the option price Win Win

Wish I'd bought them.

We were almost tempted to order a MY10 S3 so we could get buckets and AMI. If I had my time again there would be no question, I'd have them.

Will defo have them in my next S3 or RS3, they look the business. I would say go for them, expensive, yes but you should be able to get at least 8-10% discount at the moment which will more than cover the cost.

Mark

Got them in my s3 and they really make the car , so so comfy , love them to bits ..........and they are the rockin horse sh*t to get second hand. a defo must for any s3 imho......

Right thats that decision made then, buckets it is.

Few questions, someone mentioned heated seats, are the buckets heated as standard so i dont need to spec the heat seating option?

Also whats AMI?

dont know about the heat, i think youve gotta spec it

the ami is the audi music interface, i belive its for aux and for ipod integration

i think that they are all heated as standard , my rear seats are heated too...........

Good decision . buckets all the way ...........:icon_thumright:

Buckets are heated. They have to be 1st option ticked, without a doubt. I wouldn't have any other seats.

Si, waiting on N8's reply? You're sourcing buckets aren't you? Nice one.

Is all about the Buckets mate i looked for about a year for a ibis white car with Buckets so glad iv got them .

YOU NEED TO GET BUCKETTTTTTTSSSSSS.

On a serious note, if you are buying new, you need to get them, they make the interior. They look fantastic and they are SOOO comfortable. I was lucky enough to get some RS4 ones for my A3, having all the electrics wired in this week, then re-trim in may :w00t: One of the best mods I've done anyway......and I've done alot :laugh:

How much are they to buy outright ? any part numbers ?

I think Mitch priced them up a while back at £1600 each.

I think Mitch priced them up a while back at £1600 each.

They'd be more than that I'm sure. Due to the way dealers supply seats, complete seats seem to be obscene money.

i looked at s3 with out the buckets and imo they are a must , they are not very practical eg if you use the back seats much and are in and out of the car much but other than that they are the muts nuts ! need to look after them too

standard S3 seats look like deckchairs :yes:

:ninja:

recaro-outdoor-plastic-seats.jpg

Will be hard to try them as none of the dealers round here have many S3's in and the ones they do just have the same seats in as my S-Line.

Don't worry about finding an S3. I sat in a brand new RS4 when i ordered mine as no S3's had them at all at the time. You just need to get the feel of the seat not the rest of the car. :)

S3, TTRS, TTS, R8, RS6, RS5, lots of places to find some seats to get into...!