1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 bucket seat queries

scoobyc Feb 25, 2013

1. scoobyc

scoobyc Member

I have an outside chance of getting a pair of these from a 3 dr S3, will these fit an S3 sportback with just the added useless function of folding front seats or is there other complications. They are in reasonable condition but I'm a OCD, so does anyone know the costs involved to repair the bolsters? Many thanks sc.

2. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

all depends on where you go to have them fixed
    how much are tou geting them for ?

3. stevec

stevec Member

I had these fitted on my 3 door S3 from a while back. Yum.

Your OCD needs to focus other areas too, the front seats do not contain airbags and I recall the deactivate function was omitted fitted for the front passenger nor was there any ISOFIX capability for the passenger side. I also recall that the curtain airbags were deleted and a nice through load function was fitted along with a first aid kit in the back.

They are great fun but at least one insurer and I had a run in which meant I moved to another, as the first did not like to insure them as partial harness fittings could be added to the car (Yeah, yeah I know...).

I was never able to get the bolster repaired and every S4 and S3 I saw that had the seats had the issues with it folding over. It looked better in the changed design from the TT and R8 but I never worried about it once you were sat in it.
    The tilt mechanism should not likely be a problem in a SB but the other areas surely will be... :3sadwalk:

4. scoobyc

scoobyc Member

Thanks stevec, sounds like the sort of things that would put me off especially the side airbags (obviously done for a reason).

5. big harty

big harty Member

If your not buying seats pm me please. As I'm after a set to retrim for my s3. :o.k:

6. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

I can offer retrimming and bolster repairs ;)